Belly Fat

Options
Hey i am new here. I'm 18 and a half... Height 5feet. I was 50kg. And i reduced much weight . Now i weigh 42-44 kg.
But that stubborn bellt fat is hell.. I need help. How can i burn belly fat? My waist is 27. And lower belly around 29. Should i continue my diet? But i am only 42 now.. Please help ?

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You have to continue losing by being in a calorie deficit. You cannot choose where fat comes from, and there are no exercises or anything short of medical intervention that would do so.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sanakhan12 wrote: »
    Hey i am new here. I'm 18 and a half... Height 5feet. I was 50kg. And i reduced much weight . Now i weigh 42-44 kg.
    But that stubborn bellt fat is hell.. I need help. How can i burn belly fat? My waist is 27. And lower belly around 29. Should i continue my diet? But i am only 42 now.. Please help ?

There is a good chance they way you dieted got you into this problem. You are underweight now, which means that you probably have poor body composition (aka, inadequate muscle mass) to give you a flat stomach. More than likely, you will need to add weight (bulk) and then cut off the fat you gained. You would do this by eating slightly above maintenance levels and following a good progressive overload lifting program: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

You may have to cycle a few times between a bulk/cut to get to the point of having the body you want. Below is kind of an extreme example of what can occur with weight gain.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. And since you're already underweight, losing weight is not the answer. A slight increase back to a healthy weight (which 50 kg already was), and start a progressive lifting program so you can build muscle going into a recomp. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • malibu927
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »
    You have to continue losing by being in a calorie deficit. You cannot choose where fat comes from, and there are no exercises or anything short of medical intervention that would do so.

At 92 pounds she should not be in a deficit
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    duddysdad wrote: »

Did you see her weight? Becoming more underweight is not the answer. Gaining muscle is the answer. Get adequate protein, eat at maintainence or just above, and start doing some strength training.
  • sanakhan12
    sanakhan12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for suggestions.. Another question .. Exercise effects belly fat or not?? (Sit-ups, crunches or squats) I have read that it doesnt help..but some say it does...
  • malibu927
    Options
    It does nothing for the fat
  • sanakhan12
    sanakhan12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What should i do to tone my body? To get into shape? What type of cardio actually works??
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What should i do to tone my body? To get into shape? What type of cardio actually works??

It's not about the cardio.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

How much do you eat every day? How fast did you lose that weight? At your ht/wt if you lose weight at a high rate, that can come at the expense of muscle. So, even though you lost the weight you may not have lowered your BF% all that much.

You may need to put some muscle back on and then eat at a slight deficit while lifting to more lower your BF%. To really go further, we need to know how much you're eating each day and what exercise you're doing.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I hate belly fat!!!! It's the last place I lose weight. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Did you read what I wrote? Because that is the most likely scenario. Start in a surplus to gain weight while following a progressive overload lifting program to gain muscle. Once you add 10 to 20 lbs, you slow cut to remove the fat you gained, and repeat as necessary.

I'd recommend doing a lot of research in the bodybuilding section before doing this though and get a handle of the workout plan. While you are doing that, I'd eat at maintenance. To summarize

1. Eat a maintenance
    2. Get on a structured lifting program
    3. Once you get form down, increase calories to a surplus
    4. Gain 10 to 20 lbs
    5. Reduce calories slightly below maintenance levels (~10% to 15%)
    6. Rinse and repeat.