New to this. Help me maybe?

Options
LTFysgeo
LTFysgeo Posts: 1 Member
Hello I'm new to this app and I'm really just want to be healthy. I honestly don't care about how much weight I gain or loose. To be honest I just want to loose some fat and gain muscle and keep a lean proper physique. I have a pretty good metabolism so after all the junk I've been putting in my body just seems to handle it fine lol. But I'm open to advice. I know I should meal prep, but idk where to start. I see everywhere about marking down protein, fat, and carbs. But what about all the other stuff like fiber, all the variety of minerals and vitamins? I know they are already in some of that stuff already but I'm really just confused on where to start. There is a wealthy amount of knowledge of nutrition out there but it seems so complicated. Anyone with good tips would really be appreciated.

Replies

• shimiusha
    shimiusha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there, start with the macros that you need. Those are the things that affect your weight gain or loss. Fats, Carbs and Protein and also fibre. Get a good calculation of your macros from IIFYM.com (that's who I used) and then track your food, keeping inside those macros. Aim to hit protein first, because this is the hardest to meet each day. Carbs and fats are easy to fill in. I'm losing weight at the moment but building muscle in weight training. Micronutrients are important but not as important as your macros as these three things are the main things you eat every day whether it be veggies, fruit, meat, fish, eggs, bread etc.... A good multivitamin will help with meeting your micronutrient needs if you need it.
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Maybe start off by setting yourself just to maintain your current weight. Then start logging your food and viewing the nutritional information in your diary for a few weeks. For example I know for myself I had no clue i was eating twice my recommended sodium intake and have since cut foods because of it.