Why is he acting like I abandoned him ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    trytpbme1 wrote: »
    I told my friend Jared today that yesterday afternoon the guy that's been trying to get with me for awhile now asked for my number for the second time so this time I gave it to him but I didn't write my number down ,
    I verbally gave him my number and he actually remembered it and texted me last night and he invited me tot he gym with him since we're both trying to lose weight .. and my guy friend said "well I hope he treats you right" and
    I said "he isn't my boyfriend I just gave him my number" he also texted back and said "he isn't your boyfriend yet" and I didn't reply and he texted back "I guess you're not going to be texting me a lot anymore" and I texted back saying "you're my friend we're still going to talk" and he asked me "well why did you give him your number now and not the first time he asked ?"
    I never said I was going to stop talking to him or neglect him. All I did was give the guy my number and now he's making me feel like I abandoned him.

I missed a few episodes. So is Jared the same friend you posted about before who complained to you about being miserable with his girlfriend?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I told my friend Jared today that yesterday afternoon the guy that's been trying to get with me for awhile now asked for my number for the second time so this time I gave it to him but I didn't write my number down ,
    I verbally gave him my number and he actually remembered it and texted me last night and he invited me tot he gym with him since we're both trying to lose weight .. and my guy friend said "well I hope he treats you right" and
    I said "he isn't my boyfriend I just gave him my number" he also texted back and said "he isn't your boyfriend yet" and I didn't reply and he texted back "I guess you're not going to be texting me a lot anymore" and I texted back saying "you're my friend we're still going to talk" and he asked me "well why did you give him your number now and not the first time he asked ?"
    I never said I was going to stop talking to him or neglect him. All I did was give the guy my number and now he's making me feel like I abandoned him.

That sounds like work having to deal with that.

People are always looking for a good way to escape the pangs of work. Since work is so important in society today that it is almost impossible to avoid doing work without having to pay the price in the future. The perfect escape would be one that alleviates the strain of work yet does not incur any future expenses. Many people have found science fiction novels and movies to be great escape mechanisms.

Science fiction is such a perfect escape for many people because it allows its audience to vicariously experience the joy of future technology – technology that promises less work and much more play, at no cost.An escape must have three things in order to be considered a true escape. First, an escape must permanently or at least temporarily eliminate one’s responsibilities. As long as one has responsibilities looming overhead, meeseeksanddestroy is a thespian, one cannot really feel free. It will also work if the escape produces the illusion that one’s responsibilities are gone.Secondly, an escape must enhance leisure.

If the escape does not enhance leisure then boredom will most likely be the result. Also, due to the fact that most escapes are the temporary kind, leisure time is generally very precious. Therefore, it is not enough that an escape simply do away with work and responsibility. An escape must also take full advantage of one’s leisure time.Third, an escape must not have any undesirable consequences. This is the condition that justifies the escape itself. Suppose for example that a person became tired of his or her job and simply stopped working.

That person would soon be fired, and although he did avoid doing work, his method of escape cannot be justified because of the undesirable consequences that followed. This is perhaps the most important condition an escape must satisfy. Science fiction literature and films are very good escape mechanisms. While a person is absorbed in the goings on within a particular novel, movie, etc., that person can experience what the characters are experiencing, and it is common for the characters to have lifestyles that meet the three conditions above.
  • trytpbme1
    trytpbme1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do you and Jared have any physical history with each other?

No just friends
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

No just friends

You should.
  • trytpbme1
    Options

No just friends

You should.

Should what ?
  • trytpbme1
    Options

No just friends

You should.

Should what ?

hook up lol

No thwnjs not interested
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

No just friends

You should.

Should what ?

hook up lol

No thwnjs not interested

Jared has no 6 pack?
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Your friend Jared likes you and doesn't know how to tell you. Or he's told you and you keep him in the friendzone. You need to actually sit down and talk to your friend like an adult. Unless you're under 18, and then you need to focus on school.

My whole life has been a lie...

JKgSvBg.gif
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Your friend Jared likes you and doesn't know how to tell you. Or he's told you and you keep him in the friendzone. You need to actually sit down and talk to your friend like an adult. Unless you're under 18, and then you need to focus on school.

oyzeatwgxjo085dvpskbc5sqa3j4ds71alyocqhvyzheggik6tjwur3k6s5dwffa.jpg

That's an interesting point of view that is not at all related to how I see the "friendzone". To me, a woman who has seen this a lot in other women, friendzone is when a girl knows a guy friend is attracted and she purposefully strings him along because she enjoys the attention. There's a difference between that and a woman knowing a man is interested and having a reasonable discussion about where the relationship/friendship stands.

How do you view a man who knows the female's feelings regarding him and yet continues to exhibit the behavior the OP is describing? Most of the time in my experience, I have not seen women I know doing what you describe. I'm sure it does happen, I just haven't seen it in my circles.

If a woman has made it clear she isn't interested then a guy continuing to act jealous is childish and creepy, so severing ties as you suggested is the best move. From what the OP has said they haven't ever talked about it. The part about him asking why she didn't give the other dude her number the first time sounds protective and it could be because the new guy "wants to get with her" (I think that's teenager speak for have sex, but I'm too old for code words).

That's kind of what I was thinking. You can be protective of friends you are loyal to, but it can sometimes still be construed as childish/jealous behavior. Talking is probably the best choice to prevent misunderstandings.

Also.. is that what they call it these days? They go through so many code languages in a short time that it's hard for me to keep up.

I think they call it "Netflix and Chill". I haven't managed to figure that one out though.
  • Ironandwine69
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey.. this post reminds me of a few other posts from a woman who had so many doctor friends.. Is Jared a doctor perhaps?

No. Jared is a whiny b****
    But you are right, it reminded me of another post. I never found out if she had sexy time with her friend.
    Maybe this happens alot among single people
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    Hey.. this post reminds me of a few other posts from a woman who had so many doctor friends.. Is Jared a doctor perhaps?

No. Jared is a whiny b****
    But you are right, it reminded me of another post. I never found out if she had sexy time with her friend.
    Maybe this happens alot among single people

Could be... We need updates on the sexy time with her friend and on the shallow doctor who didn't date full figured chicks although he had a thing for them.

Yes!!!
    We demand answers, dammit!
  • trytpbme1
    Options

No lol we both work in a warehouse
  • trytpbme1
    Options

No just friends

You should.

Should what ?

hook up lol

No thwnjs not interested

Jared has no 6 pack?

No lol
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Jared sounds like an insecure, needy friend to me.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

That's an interesting point of view that is not at all related to how I see the "friendzone". To me, a woman who has seen this a lot in other women, friendzone is when a girl knows a guy friend is attracted and she purposefully strings him along because she enjoys the attention. There's a difference between that and a woman knowing a man is interested and having a reasonable discussion about where the relationship/friendship stands.

How do you view a man who knows the female's feelings regarding him and yet continues to exhibit the behavior the OP is describing? Most of the time in my experience, I have not seen women I know doing what you describe. I'm sure it does happen, I just haven't seen it in my circles.

If a woman has made it clear she isn't interested then a guy continuing to act jealous is childish and creepy, so severing ties as you suggested is the best move. From what the OP has said they haven't ever talked about it. The part about him asking why she didn't give the other dude her number the first time sounds protective and it could be because the new guy "wants to get with her" (I think that's teenager speak for have sex, but I'm too old for code words).

That's kind of what I was thinking. You can be protective of friends you are loyal to, but it can sometimes still be construed as childish/jealous behavior. Talking is probably the best choice to prevent misunderstandings.

Also.. is that what they call it these days? They go through so many code languages in a short time that it's hard for me to keep up.

I think they call it "Netflix and Chill". I haven't managed to figure that one out though.

Lol. Whereas Netflix and Chill literally means exactly that for old people such as myself.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

Lol. Whereas Netflix and Chill literally means exactly that for old people such as myself.

I think it means that literally to anyone over the age of 25. Or at least it should. LOL