Shouldn't my calories be going down with my weight?

Options
Curious. I've lost some weight but am still allowed the same amount of calories. Is this right?

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I don't think MFP adjusts your calories automatically, you'll have to tell it to.
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Any hints on how I do that?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    They do go down assuming you update your weight under goals tab.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    You can change your calories manually, I think it's under settings. How much weight have you lost?
  • hello8642
    hello8642 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ldwatene wrote: »
    Curious. I've lost some weight but am still allowed the same amount of calories. Is this right?

I've lost about 35lbs and mine has adjusted automatically- in fact it went down by another 10 today!
  • ldwatene
    Options
    You can change your calories manually, I think it's under settings. How much weight have you lost?

3.5kg since may 7th.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

3.5kg since may 7th.

I don't think that's enough to drop your calories. That's like 8 lbs right?
  • ldwatene
    Options

3.5kg since may 7th.

I don't think that's enough to drop your calories. That's like 8 lbs right?

Yep pretty close to 8lbs
  • ldwatene
    Options
    hello8642 wrote: »

I've lost about 35lbs and mine has adjusted automatically- in fact it went down by another 10 today!

Good to know
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options

3.5kg since may 7th.

That's not enough to change calorie.

Also how much calories are you allowed on MFP right now? Not sure how much min it's for men but for women one shouldn't go down below 1000-1200 calories.
    So if yours is already on the lower scale the calorie intake would not reduce no matter how much weight you loose.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It will adjust down automatically once you lose a certain amount, unless you have very little to lose and are already on the lowest limit. While your weight continues to drop don't worry too much about it, just keep tracking!
  • victorias36
    victorias36 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Mine does not adjust automatically. I go into settings and update my diet profile with my new weight and save it then my calories update as well. I have lost over 60lbs and I always have to update it to get the calories to change.
  • ldwatene
    Options
    Mine does not adjust automatically. I go into settings and update my diet profile with my new weight and save it then my calories update as well. I have lost over 60lbs and I always have to update it to get the calories to change.

That actually worked. Just had to redo my macros but my calories dropped by 40 since I started.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    If you are tracking your weight on mfp, eventually mfp will ask you if you want to recalculate your goals given your weight loss--it's not automatic, but it does give you the opt-in. I want to say it's every 10 pounds or so...