Getting back on track

Options
I did't just fall off the wagon. I feel off of it & then it ran me over & dragged me a few miles. I just want my motivation & passion for a healthy lifestyle back

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A healthy lifestyle is easy and feels good, making motivation to stick to it inherent, and falling off impossible. Make sure that whatever you're pursuing, isn't just another diet.
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I hear you about falling off the wagon and then getting dragged by it, also I tend to sit up and watch it motor on down the road, usually while I'm chowing down on pizza and beer. Every time I get in great shape I say to myself it's easier to just stay in great shape, but I always have some excuse to stop exercising and go back to an unhealthy diet. This time I'm focusing on staying in shape.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find what will work forever.. and it isn't easy. Losing weight is hard enough.. but keeping it off.. now that's the real goal. The bottom line is we can't go back to old habits or the weight comes right back.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Often it makes more sense to just pick a wagon that's easier to stay on. Instead of deciding to make lots of huge changes, pick one realistic goal and start with that. Like set mfp to a half lb per week and hit your calories. You can always add more specifics later if you really want to.
  • montelpeterson
    montelpeterson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just stay motivated and you'll get back to it. I fell off to and have recently started back up. 1 thing that helped is actually seeing some progress. It was just a little bit there's nothing like knowing you're on the right track!