Question: How much weight do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Question: how are you using this information?

Learning about the myfitnesspal community. There is no "reply" button to click, so I assume the "quote" mechanism is the way reply to a reply.

If you want to learn about the community why limit the question to just weight loss?

Wouldn't you learn more by just asking the whole community why they are here on the site?
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When I started I intended to lose 90-100 pounds (variable depending on how I look when I get closer to that)

Now I am in the 38-48 pound range.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    15 lbs, but I am 222 down from my highest, or 158 down from a cycle of regain.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Really, your username (real name and professional credential) and profile pic (obvious business headshot) aren't helping matters.

Well, I am stating who I am and what I do. Most people appreciate that. It's OK if you don't like it. I like what I do and the contact I have with most people and they do too!

• WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I was wondering if you were trying to scope us out for a marketing effort.

I am a counselor, therapist, teacher, writer, and don't market anything other than a book that you can get at the library if you want.
  • MichaelRow
    MichaelRow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose around 100 lbs. I started this year at 283 with the goal of 180.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    At least 100 lbs.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    And yes, OP, you do come across as someone who doesn't quite understand how forums work. Each set of boards has a culture, and generally they're very aware of and resistant to self-promotion. Especially from people who just drop by to try to sell their product and wisdom.

Well, I plead guilty to being unfamiliar with this. I'm old and low-tech, but my life's work is helping people, especially with weight loss. Being part of a group that had a common interest in fitness and General Diet and Weight Loss Help seemed like something I should be a part of. As far as selling products and wisdom, I don't sell products, and selling wisdom is what all teachers do!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I am a counselor, therapist, teacher, writer, and don't market anything other than a book that you can get at the library if you want.

You sell weight-loss-focused services and a weight-loss book, no? Are you here for your own fitness efforts and/or conversation, or to try to educate the crowd? Full disclosure, I dislike the idea that people need to hire someone to lose weight or use someone else's program -- for me it was extremely important to figure out what I was doing myself, and make it my own, and I continue to try new things based on my own reactions, and not what someone else tells me is the correct way to do it. (Of course I am interested in hearing about things others tried and what worked for them, that's one of the benefits of the forums, for me, as well as fun discussion.)

Anyway, I lost 95 lbs in 2014, am a healthy weight, but wouldn't mind losing 5-10 more lbs and then regaining some muscle. I've recently decided to focus on fat loss again.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    If you want to learn about the community why limit the question to just weight loss?

My field is behavioral science related to weight loss.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My goal shifts periodically, where sometimes I want to gain and sometimes I want to lose. But now that I'm older, I think I might stick with 180-185, which is where I look and feel best (I think my avatar is about 185 last year, when I had more fat and a little less muscle).

Also, my diet is extremely consistent, so I only use MFP now when I decide to change things up a bit and want to verify the calorie count.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nope.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

My field is behavioral science related to weight loss.
    So you don't want to learn about the community. You want information on the field you work in.

• RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Started my weightloss journey after my 30th in January, I have gone from around 22st (308lbs) to 18st 9lbs (264lbs) still a long way to go, I lost 3st (42lbs) between January and Mid March and since then I have been losing 1-2lbs per week, my ideal weight would be around 9-10st so (126-140lbs) so need to lose 100lbs+
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options

You sell weight-loss-focused services and a weight-loss book, no? Are you here for your own fitness efforts and/or conversation, or to try to educate the crowd? Full disclosure, I dislike the idea that people need to hire someone to lose weight or use someone else's program -- for me it was extremely important to figure out what I was doing myself, and make it my own, and I continue to try new things based on my own reactions, and not what someone else tells me is the correct way to do it. (Of course I am interested in hearing about things others tried and what worked for them, that's one of the benefits of the forums, for me, as well as fun discussion.)

Anyway, I lost 95 lbs in 2014, am a healthy weight, but wouldn't mind losing 5-10 more lbs and then regaining some muscle. I've recently decided to focus on fat loss again.

You've done great. To answer your question, I'm here to learn and share knowledge with others. It need not cost anything to anyone here. I am a professional, and while some are opposed to paying teachers and doctors, etc. we all choose a professional path in life, and hopefully, it satisfies not only needing to have a purpose, but can also provide sustenance. There is no need for anyone here to pay me.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    None of your business and I resent being made a subject of study without my prior knowledge and consent. In future posts please state up front that you are doing research to benefit your client base.

I am not doing research or a study. I asked a question. You don't need to answer or be offended.
  • PykeWendy
    PykeWendy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    40lbs to lose