Question: How much weight do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you want to learn about the community why limit the question to just weight loss?

My field is behavioral science related to weight loss.
    So you don't want to learn about the community. You want information on the field you work in.

I am learning as much as I can in the time available. I'm not really interested in chatting unless I can be helpful. So please forgive me if I don't reply to you anymore. I don't see that our conversation helps anyone.
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started with 110 to lose. I am 53lbs down. Used MFP the whole time.
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    20 pounds down and 2 more to go!
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    I certainly respect that you didn't just ghost when you were called out. It's also perfectly legit that you would want to familiarize yourself with the tools your clients use and the communities they're members of. I'm nearly convinced you're on the level.

To get better responses, I might suggest that you simply stop mentioning your book and business so often. That way, nobody will suspect you of anything but helpfulness and curiosity. If you are knowledgeable, that will come across in the actual content of your posts.

Thanks. I don't expect to spend a lot of time conversing here, just too many other things to do. But I'll be helpful where I can.

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yay! Now I want to say congratulations on losing and keeping all that weight off for so long! That's awesome!
  • laurajayne322
    laurajayne322 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Around 130 to 140 pounds so a LOT. 10lbs down so far.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    Yay! Now I want to say congratulations on losing and keeping all that weight off for so long! That's awesome!

Thanks, I really appreciate that. It never gets old feeling good about this victory. Today was unusual, checking all these messages coming in, like a full mailbox. I can't do that all the time but I'll check back again later or tomorrow.
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    17 pounds to lose
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    45 down, ~55 to go.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Goal was to lose 36. 196 to 160. Did that in 5 months. Been maintaining at about 158 based on a 7 day moving ave ever since. Currently at a daily low in the 156-157 range but don't expect that to last.
  • tlee278
    tlee278 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hoping to lose between 55-60lbs. I'm finishing up my 2nd month of using MFP and I'm down 17lbs. Although I think I've hit a plateau already so I'm changing some things up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    None of your business and I resent being made a subject of study without my prior knowledge and consent. In future posts please state up front that you are doing research to benefit your client base.
    I am not doing research or a study. I asked a question. You don't need to answer or be offended.

It's only important because I'm curious and like to know things I don't know yet. I know some of my clients have used myfitnesspal to track calories rather than a written log. When I was Googling for "weight loss support groups" to refer them to, this site appeared with a few others. I'm checking them out.

How is this NOT doing research to benefit your client base?

Again, just state up front why you are asking your questions.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Many of my younger clients use myfitnesspal to track their caloric consumption. Most need to lose between 50 and 200 pounds. My sense is that most commenters here do not fit that profile. For those who don't mind talking about it, what is your goal?

98lbs.

45 down, 53 to go. I'm 27.
  • lorettaclaire
    lorettaclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    54 lbs lost 8 to go!
  • britbrit84
    britbrit84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 85 pounds. Started MFP a month ago and have lost 7.5lbs so far.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I lost 75 lbs two years without the help of 'professionals' trying to sell me stuff.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    None of your business and I resent being made a subject of study without my prior knowledge and consent. In future posts please state up front that you are doing research to benefit your client base.

100% this.