Bathroom Talk

Options
Ok ya'll.... TMI time... but we're all family, right?!

I know I just started dieting and my body is adjusting to all the wonderful, unfamiliar things that are going into it...but the last week I have been constipated..and now, the total opposite.

Anyone have any particular type of food that has helped them become.. regular?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Fiber.
  • Blakes_Momm13
    Blakes_Momm13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok its definitely has to be the lack of fiber. I looked up some foods with high fiber and I do not eat ANY of them.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Ok its definitely has to be the lack of fiber. I looked up some foods with high fiber and I do not eat ANY of them.

You can track your fiber too as a column in myfitnesspal. Food > Settings > Nutrients Tracked. I bring it up because sometimes a sudden increase in fiber can ALSO cause constipation, lol.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fiber is supposed to help, but in the spirit of TMI, I can't recall a time in my life, healthy or otherwise, where I've ever been regular. If you have been up until this point, fiber is probably your answer.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Probiotics helped me. I used to go back and forth between diarrhea and constipation and now I'm pretty regular.
  • Blakes_Momm13
    Options
    RelCanonical that is SUPER helpful I was wondering about that.

Silentpanda..... I have never been either... fml lol
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Because I typically don't eat a lot of sugar, I moved the fiber column into its place with my other macros. I feel like I need to monitor it more than sugar. Maybe move that column to your macros so you can watch it more closely.
  • Blakes_Momm13
    Options

Because I typically don't eat a lot of sugar, I moved the fiber column into its place with my other macros. I feel like I need to monitor it more than sugar. Maybe move that column to your macros so you can watch it more closely.

Yes rthats exactly what I did. The only sugar intake has been my coffee. Thanks :) also you made me do a double take at your user name, VERY VERY close to my actual name lol
  • reddcollins78
    reddcollins78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cherries... Watermelon... grapes... they all help me be "more regular"
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    also you made me do a double take at your user name, VERY VERY close to my actual name lol

lol I work with another woman with my name, and apparently, it's the name to have in town. Both of us are always getting the wrong phone calls, email, appointment confirmations, etc. I never had this problem the first time I lived in this town.

Good luck with the fiber. It has definitely helped me.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Try a mix of fruits, vegetables and whole grains for the ultimate poo!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You should do a search OP. There's been quite a few constipation threads lately with lots of helpful remedies posted. You are definitely not alone when it comes to this problwm xx
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Probiotics help me.

Protein shakes can stop me up, especially more than one a day.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder, if your upping your fibre intake, you may wanna go ahead and up your water intake aswell.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

LOL! love this post.