What does an average day of meals look like for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Tea and water only until about 2 p.m.
    Lunch around 2:00: usually leftovers, 250 - 350 calories.
    Dinner around 8:30: we eat a great variety of meals/foods. During warm weather we cook outside most days - usually some type of grilled seafood/fish/meat and vegetables, often coupled with some type of salad. During the colder months we eat a lot of stews, chilis, soups, pasta, casseroles, etc.
    Dessert: Usually something made with fruit and nuts, or nothing.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Small breakfast (200-300 cals), medium lunch (400-500 cals), medium dinner (500-600 cals) and dessert (200-300 cals). I try to stay around 1600 calories a day.

Here is today's plan:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 pieces bacon and a frozen Pillsbury biscuit (this is more than I usually have, usually it is just a protein bar, Kodiak pancake or muffin cup, oatmeal packet or sometimes nothing)

Lunch - 7 slices hard salami, 5 Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cracker cuts, baby carrots and 1 oz. bag of Lay's Sour Cream and Onion chips

Pre-workout - 2 scoops ON Amino Energy mixed with water

Dinner - Turkey Sandwich with Fresh Thyme's Bakers White Bread, 3 oz. turkey, 1 Kraft Big Slice Cheddar, 2 pieces bacon, lettuce and tomato with 1 oz Bag of Lay's BBQ Chips

Dessert - 1 pack Dole Strawberry Dippers and 3 Jolly Ranchers
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Typical day:
    Breakfast: overnight oats and coffee, around 250-300 calories.
    Morning snack: around 100 calories, say a banana or apple
    Lunch: leftovers or soup or salad, around 300-400 calories
    Afternoon: coffee with milk, sometimes another small snack
    Dinner: I cook something. Last night was lemon chicken. Tonight is blackened salmon with roast veggies. Around 500 calories.
    After dinner/bedtime: If I have calories left, another snack. Perhaps a glass of wine, air popped popcorn, small serving of ice cream.

If you do peruse my diary, last weekend was a long weekend with social events. Mostly within my calories, but some oddball choices. When at a hot dog roast, I eat the hot dogs. I was netting 1500 calories, but have tightened it up to 1270 (sigh) to try to knock off the last couple pounds and hit my goal by my target date of June 1.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    This is my typical day. The only things that really change from day to day are my dinners and vegetables.

4:00 a.m. - Breakfast - Roasted vegetables and egg casserole topped with salsa chicken, salsa and kimchi.
    8:00 a.m. - post workout - "Mexican" cauliflower rice topped with chicken
    12:00 p.m. - Lunch - Vegetable and chicken "Mexican" soup
    6:00 p.m. - Dinner tonight - Carnitas over vegetables topped with salsa verde and pickled onion.
    7:30 p.m. - Snack - Sugar free cheesecake cup
  • tdmarion40
    tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Either a premier protein shake or this am I made a homemade Egg McMuffin

Lunch: Deli meat/cheeese on whole wheat bread or double fiber bread with small fruit and veggies
    Today I had a turkey wrap on low carb wrap from a local deli

Supper: Some sort of meat usually grilled with veggies.

Snacks: Maybe once a day usually 100 calorie nut packs or fruit
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Breakfast depends on if at work or not, cereal, omelette, fruit

Lunch: salad with some chickn or tuna, soup, wraps

Dinner: some sort of meat usually chicken, potatoes, veg, rice
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    if you want a friend, you can add me and look at my diary. its open to friends
  • ts218
    ts218 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Protein shake w/ half a banana and almond milk + coffee
    Snack: Greek yogurt with splenda or some kind of bar around 150 calories
    Lunch: Salad with a protein (chicken, egg, avocado) or soup or baked potato with vegetables
    Snack: Apple or protein bar
    Dinner: Meat and vegetables.
    *This is the ideal day of course.
  • SDR1970
    SDR1970 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 50g Egg White + One Egg Omelet with grilled vegetables and 15g cheese / Potato Scone or Muffin, Coffee, 100ml fruit juice with mineral water.

Lunch: Four Tacos - meat, grilled vegetables or beans and a half avocado

Dinner: All I can eat mixed salad with 150g fowl, lean pork or seafood, three tablespoons dressing, yoghurt

Snacks: Choice from 30g Almonds / Paleta de limon or tamarindo / Crackers and cottage cheese / Three candies / Piece of fruit
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with PB&J, coffee with milk
    Snack: Fibre 1 bar and candy (preworkout)
    Lunch: Salad/zoodles with chicken breast, salmon salad or kale and cheese omelette + some fruit
    Snack: Protein bar or protein mug cake
    Dinner: Chicken/fish/beef , veggies or soup, rice/potatoes/pasta, sometimes a salad
    Dessert: Greek Yogurt w/ protein with crushed thin cookies or bowl of cottage cheese

This is my weeknight eating on a cut right now (2000-2500 cals) so it looks a little more sad than normal (ie no nightly Ben & Jerry's :'( ) so I can indulge more on weekends.
  • Lindystar81
    Lindystar81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    breakfast: coffee and fiber/granola bar
    snack: boiled egg
    lunch: 4oz salmon LOTS of broccoli and cauliflower
    snack: apple, coffee, dark chocolate
    dinner: super random, maybe boca burgers and dry fried potatoes and onions, maybe more fish and veg, or shrimp in salsa, sometimes I graze through the evening on zoodle salad and a protein, or maybe a cuke/tomato/onion salad with ham.
    snack: smoothie with spinach, peaches, and keifer
    more dark chocolate
    1200 calories