Weight loss for brides

Options
Hi I am getting married in 2 years and I am on a journey to lose 60 pounds before my big day. I could use some friends and encouragement. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Replies

• rebeccagreaves12
    rebeccagreaves12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Getting married in 6 months. Want to lose at least 14lbs or more if I can!
  • sheebs1018
    sheebs1018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same boat! Getting married in December and trying to lose 50 pounds. Wish I would've had the energy to start a year ago when we got engaged.
  • llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have loss 50 pounds in 17 months. I am down 6 pant sizes. Journaling really does help. I also do a mix of strength training and cardio 5 to 6 days a week. If you can, join a challenge group to keep yourself motivated. Best of luck to you.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Married in two years is a great time to start MFP. I always feel bad when a thread like this starts with "I am getting married in six weeks" because there is only so much you can do with a short time window. When I went hardcore I dropped a lot of weight in six months but I was on a mission.
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in 4 months--feel free to add!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    2 years is a very realistic time frame to make those changes - start now and go slow and steady!
    My wedding was a big motivator for my weight loss (6.5 years ago) - I lost 25kgs over about 8 months.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome. You have plenty of time! <3 you got this!