Question: How much weight do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• Tiffany8620
    Tiffany8620 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    15-20 pounds. Lost 7 so far.
  • rebeccachobat
    rebeccachobat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ultimate weight loss goal, 80 lbs :)
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started my journey almost 3 years ago, wanting to lose 30 pounds. I have lost 7.5 lbs, not a big feat... BUT... MFP has helped me realize what healthy eating is all about. I haven't gained a pound over my starting weight and I now have an idea what I'm shoving in my face everyday.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    30lbs down about 30 more to goal
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got serious about my weight loss at the beginning of this year after being horrified by a picture I saw of myself that should have otherwise been a joyous moment. At barely 5 feet tall, I started at 167.5 lbs; now I am down to 140 lbs. I have about 15 more to go to get to my goal weight. It's coming off much slower now, but the changes in my body have been drastic.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had initially lost 50 pounds from 2014 to 2015. I let myself go and I gained most of it back from 2016 to 2017.

I'm slowly trying to re-lose that weight again!

From my highest recorded weight, I am officially down 10 pounds with 40 more to lose.

From April 16, 2017 until today, I have lost 7.2 lbs using Renaissance Periodization diet templates. Well, I've been loosely following them. I got a bad respiratory cold dealio that killed my appetite for almost 2 weeks. Then I had a stomach bug all last week. So 3 of the 6 or 7 weeks, I haven't been consistent.

But I've been losing inches on my body, hitting PRs in my squat and bench and I have been slowly losing weight. :)
  • motorcyclediva
    motorcyclediva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    18-20 lbs.
  • veganj1
    veganj1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure yet, last summer I lost around 25lbs and knew I needed to lose more but winter got in the way. I gained about 8lbs bask and now I'm starting again. I'm down about 6 lbs in two weeks and would like to do another 20-25 and then see how I look/feel. I'm playing it by ear.
  • nothingnessbecomesme
    nothingnessbecomesme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ~160lbs
  • housleyashley422
    housleyashley422 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    40 pounds to lose
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    [quote= Would that make us "addicts"?

A good working definition for an addict is someone who, when they indulge in the behavior, it causes problems, yet they continue to do it. A healthy person stops doing what is hurting them. In the clinic I referred to, all the clinicians were overweight and obese. We had a treatment team meeting every morning with pastries and donuts, and a sheet cake every month that people would eat all day. I tried to persuade them to make the workplace more health friendly. They said "Why should we change. You're the only one with the problem." I was the only one, out of 12, who was at a healthy weight.

You have said nothing that would make me think you are a food addict.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    EATING all of the snacks that are constantly around without the ability to control yourself MIGHT make you a food addict, but that's not for me or any other internet denizen to diagnose.

You got that right DamieBird. Regarding food addiction, A good working definition for an addict is someone who, when they indulge in the behavior, it causes problems, yet they continue to do it. A healthy person stops doing what is hurting them. In the clinic I referred to, all the clinicians were overweight and obese. We had a treatment team meeting every morning with pastries and donuts, and a sheet cake every month that people would eat all day. I tried to persuade them to make the workplace more health friendly. They said "Why should we change. You're the only one with the problem." I was the only one, out of 12, who was at a healthy weight.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Op I'm a bit surprised at all the push back you're receiving over your question, but maybe I have a different perspective since I'm a participant of the NWCR? It does seem like many users here have no problem posting all sorts of personal info though, from very in-depth time of month questions, to sharing the prescription meds they're on, to what health conditions they have and the always popular rants against friends, family and co-workers for perceived sabotaging and not being big enough cheer leaders :p

MFP is a very large, diverse group of people and you really do get all sorts here-those looking to lose weight, those wanting to gain weight, those focusing on health specific issues and/or fitness goals etc. Plus the group of oddballs like me who just like to hang out in the forums because it's so darn entertaining :D

• WilliamAndersonLMHC
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Also, isn't there some ethical guideline about not making casual diagnoses like that when one is a mental health professional?

I gave a good working definition of an addict. I am not diagnosing anyone here.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Op I'm a bit surprised at all the push back you're receiving over your question, but maybe I have a different perspective since I'm a participant of the NWCR? It does seem like many users here have no problem posting all sorts of personal info though, from very in-depth time of month questions, to sharing the prescription meds they're on, to what health conditions they have and the always popular rants against friends, family and co-workers for perceived sabotaging and not being big enough cheer leaders :p

MFP is a very large, diverse group of people and you really do get all sorts here-those looking to lose weight, those wanting to gain weight, those focusing on health specific issues and/or fitness goals etc. Plus the group of oddballs like me who just like to hang out in the forums because it's so darn entertaining :D

Very cool! I'm a participant in NWCR too! In fact, I started learning from them with the work they did before they organized themselves as the NWCR!

Social media is an interesting phenomenon. I'm not accustomed to forums, though I engage on Facebook with a lot of people regarding current events and politics. That's especially interesting when commenting on articles in the local paper that is linked to FB. Holy cow! The Internet has created a whole new culture and form of social behavior, not to mention a whole new set of norms for social behavior. However, I'm old school and prefer traditional methods of socializing. Thanks for the friendly manner!
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost 116 pnds.

I need to lose around 275 in total to hit my goal of 195.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    About 130ish. Started at 260lbs (before MFP) and am now at 174. My goal is 130-40.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Also, isn't there some ethical guideline about not making casual diagnoses like that when one is a mental health professional?

I gave a good working definition of an addict. I am not diagnosing anyone here.

Maybe I misread the post people were commenting on, but I thought you were calling your co-workers addicts for not wanting to get rid of the food in the office.