Keto diet help

Options
So i am new to keto and just wondering if im doing this correctly. Once i reach ketosis do i stay eating the same macros or do the change once you are in ketosis?

Replies

• heide32
    heide32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping my macros the same, but I don't know if this is correct.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your goals are.

Some keep going with very low carbs. Those are generally the ones who see the most health improvements or easy weight loss. Why mess with what works, right? ;)

Some add in more carbs, in the form of veggies and some fruits, as they move forward. The Atkins plan does this. Many find this easier to maintain.

A few drop ketogenic and LCHF diets as soon as they finish losing weight. That would not work for me... Going back to my old way of eating would lead to my previous weight gain.

If you have a health reason to go ketogenic you should probably not change it. If you feel you would do better with more carbs, add more. Ketosis is usually under 50g of carbs per day. Many start around 20-30g and adjust it from there.

I started around 20g and stayed there for about a year. I added back more carbs (closer to 50g) and started regaining. I am now close to zero carb. I feel better with low carbs and maintain my weight much better.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome OP. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group