squats and burpess!!!

NoMoreAfatChick
NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
hello all....
how many squats and burpees a day to see good results in a month?
155lbs, 5'3'' female...
Just wondering... And we dont lose any weight with those right? just wanna confirm.. :)
thank you..

edit: i am aware of the fact that calorie deficit makes you lose weight but just wanna know if anyone experienced any weight loss with squats and burpees..

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Calorie deficit to lose weight...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    What kind of results? A month isn't a whole lot of time to see results of anything. You'll see the best results with squats if they're weighted. Burpees are a dynamic movement that help promote the development of power and agility and are a good cardiovascular workout.

You lose weight when you're taking in less energy than your body requires to maintain the status quot, regardless of exercise.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    What kind of results? A month isn't a whole lot of time to see results of anything. You'll see the best results with squats if they're weighted. Burpees are a dynamic movement that help promote the development of power and agility and are a good cardiovascular workout.

You lose weight when you're taking in less energy than your body requires to maintain the status quot, regardless of exercise.

@cwolfman13 results as in how it can change the way butt looks...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

Not much is going to happen in a month...a fitness body is derived from living a fitness centric lifestyle over time...lots of time...you will obviously see progress along the way, but a month is nothing.

While squats to involve some glute activation, there are better exercises...I don't think burpees are going to do much for the glutes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Not much is going to happen in a month...a fitness body is derived from living a fitness centric lifestyle over time...lots of time...you will obviously see progress along the way, but a month is nothing.

While squats to involve some glute activation, there are better exercises...I don't think burpees are going to do much for the glutes.

I agree with this. I would look into some kind of resistance or strength training that target the glutes. Strong Curves would be my recommendation (there is an at home program too if you don't have equipment or a gym)
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Squats, follow a program like stronglifts.

I personally hate burpees with the strength of 1000 sun's so I avoid and never encourage others to do the devil's work.

I agree with strong lifts.

I didn't know anyone else who had this passion about burpees, I hate them and always have.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited May 2017
    I don't know.......Weight lifting is good. But Stronglifts isn't right always, for everybody.
    I think a bunch of burpees and air squats might be a great, simple way to get started with exercise.
    Burpees are hard and they use lots of muscles. So, they are pretty good at burning calories -- like about 10 calories per minute, give or take.
    https://www.positivehealthwellness.com/fitness/many-calories-burpees-burn-many/
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2017
    I didn't really do both of those to experience significant changes in terms of weight loss, but I remember a Zumba move I had that made me feel stronger and less soreness when I was doing it three weeks in a row. Same thing for the lunges/jumping lunges in Body Combat #36. The first time was always so painful, but by the third week (I did both that Zumba move and the lunges for about 3-4 times per week in separate period of time in my life), I didn't feel as painful & could catch up my breathing a lot better.

No I don't think that's how I lost weight... But I like that feeling of being stronger! :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    What kind of results do you want? I have no cardiovascular goals so I don't do burpees. They won't do anything for my physique and they suck so I hope to never ever do one again. My butt looks decent from squats, but they're weighted/heavy/frequent.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    hello all....
    155lbs, 5'3'' female...
    Just wondering... And we dont lose any weight with those right? just wanna confirm.. :)
    thank you..

edit: i am aware of the fact that calorie deficit makes you lose weight but just wanna know if anyone experienced any weight loss with squats and burpees..

You are aware, aren't you, that the answer is completely relative to where you are now and what you can do now? One squat and one burpee per day could bring results for one person, and 100 squats and burpees might not bring any results for someone else.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

If you're trying for glutes, flutter kicks will help...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

If you're trying for glutes, flutter kicks will help...

and hip thrusts, and glute bridges, kickbacks, and a variety of deadlifts. <---those did more for my @ss than squats ever did.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Squats, follow a program like stronglifts.

I personally hate burpees with the strength of 1000 sun's so I avoid and never encourage others to do the devil's work.

I agree with strong lifts.

I didn't know anyone else who had this passion about burpees, I hate them and always have.

Not only do I hate them, but I also have instructions never to do them because my knee joints are mush. Eventually, they will have to be replaced but for now, my ortho is all on Stronglifts with accessory exercises to target strengthening the muscles around my knees so that when my MCL finally blows the knee cap stays in place. (there is more wrong with both knees, but my left MCL is a problem)
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    hello all....
    155lbs, 5'3'' female...
    I HATE burpees.. every time my trainer says we are doing Burpees I give him the look :s
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    I still have PTSD from all the burpees
    I had to do in the forces
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    I'm not going to reiterate what everyone has already said for me LOL, but if you want to see physical changes through exercise, just remember to keep "confusing the muscles" and add challenges. You can do this by increasing the intensity (weight of something, more plyo, etc), increasing reps, etc. You need to make sure your body does not get too used to the move. There's no specific number to give you for the amount of burpees you should do because the body a whole lot more complicated with things than just numbers. Start with a program you can be consistent and hardworking with. Good luck and hope this helps. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Make sure you are doing barbell squats...

Look into strong curves...

Not much of anything is going to happen in a month
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    I don't know.......Weight lifting is good. But Stronglifts isn't right always, for everybody.
    I think a bunch of burpees and air squats might be a great, simple way to get started with exercise.
    Burpees are hard and they use lots of muscles. So, they are pretty good at burning calories -- like about 10 calories per minute, give or take.
    https://www.positivehealthwellness.com/fitness/many-calories-burpees-burn-many/

It's s great way to spin your wheels....

Structured program is way better and you will get better results...
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    thanks everyone for your great inputs :smile: :smile: