**Newbie Here**

Options
Hi, my name is Ebony. I am 31 years old and I weigh 345 lbs. I am looking to get down to 290. This is a new journey for me. Right now, I am looking for ways to exercise that it won't hurt my joints. Also, I will be getting bariatric surgery.

Replies

• CynoO
    CynoO Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Ebony welcome! Start with the basics and ease into them walk when you can and set yourself goals for how much or the distance I was 367 I told my dad I wanted to join WW and he said why so they can take your money and tell you your over weight? I thought it was harsh but he was right I knew I was and I just needed the strength within myself to accept it and do something about it. I took that money and got nice sneakers and started to walk. I never gave up my walking and I forced myself to get up and walk everyday even if one day was shorter then the other I walked! then simple exercise. If I can do that lol trust me you can do it! I walked three stories in my house to go to the bathroom I had to stop at each landing just to go further somedays I didnt think I would make it lol You got this! Welcome Ebony
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Ebony-Welcome! Swimming is a great way to exercise without putting stress or strain on your joints. Walking is also good, take it one step at a time! Also, be sure to forgive yourself if you have an off day-Everyone does every once in a while. Get back here and start again! Good Luck-We're all cheering for you!! :smile: