I order a healthy meal and my server got offended

Options
:grumble: My husband and I went out yesterday by ourselves actually which by the way is a treat and we tried out this little country diner. Well as I was considing my order I was talking to my husband about the option I was considering between the grilled chicken wrap or the grilled garlic chicken on a plate with broccoli. While I was doing that my server came up and started to give me her opinion she said you should try the chicken finger wrap with ranch dressing, I asked her if the chicken was fried, deep fried she said yes I simply told her that I was looking for a healthier option and she went 10 feet away barking that well she wants the garlic chicken because that wrap is unhealthy and I ate that yesterday I guess I am goin to get fat, I am fat now. :grumble: :explode: :angry: She did this in my earshot now why is the hell did she get so offended I mean really isnt' her job to give me what I want. I don't know I just wanted to share my annoying story about when I wanted to have a healthier meal.

By the way do people actually think that because its a wrap that its good for you. Even though its deepfried and loaded with cheese and ranch dressing, REALLY. Well if thats true I guess that can explain why america is 32% obese.
Sorry just frustrated,:noway: :grumble:

Replies

• jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    :grumble: My husband and I went out yesterday by ourselves actually which by the way is a treat and we tried out this little country diner. Well as I was considing my order I was talking to my husband about the option I was considering between the grilled chicken wrap or the grilled garlic chicken on a plate with broccoli. While I was doing that my server came up and started to give me her opinion she said you should try the chicken finger wrap with ranch dressing, I asked her if the chicken was fried, deep fried she said yes I simply told her that I was looking for a healthier option and she went 10 feet away barking that well she wants the garlic chicken because that wrap is unhealthy and I ate that yesterday I guess I am goin to get fat, I am fat now. :grumble: :explode: :angry: She did this in my earshot now why is the hell did she get so offended I mean really isnt' her job to give me what I want. I don't know I just wanted to share my annoying story about when I wanted to have a healthier meal.

By the way do people actually think that because its a wrap that its good for you. Even though its deepfried and loaded with cheese and ranch dressing, REALLY. Well if thats true I guess that can explain why america is 32% obese.
    Sorry just frustrated,:noway: :grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    im not so nice i would have asked to speak to the manager..that was so rude of her
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was feeling insecure herself? It's funny how people can respond (well, not funny REALLY but ironic) to insecurity, I've done it myself. Or, I've felt weird ordering a steak dinner because bf ordered a grilled chicken salad after I placed my order:noway: . I shouldn't have felt embarassed cause he'd just scarfed down a soup and bread.....so just a thought. That wasn't nice, especially cause you and your hubby heard, no one should be put down for wanting to eat healthier, ESP when we're talking fried as another option!:wink:
  • rosered51
    Options
    I would have asked to speak to the manager, and then I would have left and gone to another place to eat.

I CANNOT believe that! What poor class...don't let it deter you...eating healthy when eating out is always a challenge, but regardless of what some low class tart said it can be done! LOL

GO YOU!!!:drinker:
  • headwaiter
    headwaiter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been in the service industry my whole life and if one of my servers would have done that, I would have wanted to hear about it.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Some people are so obnoxious. As I was reading it I was thinking of this lady that I know that is just like that! Seriously, some people are just miserable and always will be no matter who says what. I wouldn't take it personally if I were you, she was probably having a really bad day.. Not that its an excuse. If I were you I wouldn't eat there anymore, thats for sure!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have experienced a similar situation. When my husband and I vacationed in S.C., the home of soul and Southern cooking, we went to a restaurant. I wanted a fat-free dressing on the side, steamed veggies, and my baked potato dry. The waitress too, was such a b**ch to me-and I don't use that work lightly. She would smile at my husband and chat it up with him but not say ONE word to me. She practically tossed me my food when it came. She was a rather large lady and my husband joked that you "don't go to the South and order healthy because you'll offend". Of course, he was on my side! She didn't get much of a tip. And there was a roach in the bathroom.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Good for you it's you body and you do what is best for you. :smile: When I eat out I eat as healthy as I can. So we have the right to eat the way we want when were paying for it. I would of ask her who was paying for it me or you :laugh: You go girl :drinker:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I ditto the comments of calling for the manager then leaving!:mad: Stick to your guns with the healthy options! Just the other night, out at good restaurant, I asked for dressing on the side of my salad. No problem. Well, don't you know- it arrived with the dressing already on it!:grumble: I sent it back!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You should have spoke to the manager but I think you should also be able to order what you want, no matter what. If they don't like that then I would take my service else where. I probably would have said something to the waitress myself!