I can't stop with the peanut butter

Options
I have a container of kraft peanut butter I have my pb2 better for the calories there but I can't stop putting my fingers in the kraft peanut butter!!!!!! It's so good help

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I hope you live alone. Otherwise maybe imagine everyone else's fingers all wet with saliva and nasty in that peanutbutter.

haha.. good one.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You know what is good? The Peanut Butter Cup Halo Top Ice Cream- that stuff is delicious and the whole pint was like 380 calories.

Otherwise, I try not to keep food around that I will want to overindulge myself with. Buying natural peanut butter helps me because it is not as sweet so I don't want to overeat but still is good. So if it is a food that cause you to overeat and go over controlled portions, then throw it out.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with peanut butter. Eating it all willy nilly though? Allow yourself PB within your calories. Either that or start weighing that out and logging it. Making a habit of logging everything will make you more aware of potential damage you're doing.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying peanut butter because of this problem - except I would eat mine with a spoon. Nothing compares, no substitutes stop the craving.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    6 grams of peanut butter is about 40 calories of deliciousness, depending on the brand. But you have to eat it very slowly.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hope you live alone. Otherwise maybe imagine everyone else's fingers all wet with saliva and nasty in that peanutbutter.
    It's my peanut butter lol
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have a container of kraft peanut butter I have my pb2 better for the calories there but I can't stop putting my fingers in the kraft peanut butter!!!!!! It's so good help

Are you literally putting your fingers in your PB jar and eating it that way? If so, that is a bit out of control.

Enjoy PB with some fruit, but weigh it first on a scale and log it. If you are unable to weigh and log it before you eat it, then it's time to step away from having it around you at all for a little while. Throw it away until you can control yourself around it, however long that may be.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If it's truly a vice for you then yea just get rid of it. For me it's Doritos. I can't have them.. I'll eat the whole bag in 1 sitting. I just can't stop they are so good, so I don't buy them. Stuff like PB and Almonds are really easy to over indulge on because of how calorie dense they are.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with peanut butter in moderation, but it's *really* calorie dense, so just scooping it out of the jar is probably going to put you over your calorie goals pretty fast. Measure out one portion of peanut butter and spread it on something else, like fruit or celery, to make the flavor last longer.

If that doesn't work, I'd throw it out and only buy peanut butter in a single serving packet rather than big jars.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is good.. but pricey. It's averaging about $7 plus tax for a pint, and it averages about 20g of protein and somewhere around 12g of fiber per pint for 320 calories (that's the peanut butter cup version). An 88g Peanut Butter Fit Crunch Bar is 30g Protein, 2g fiber for about 380 calories. The two biggest differences are the Fit Crunch Bar will cost you about $2.50, where the pint of Halo Top is about $7. More protein, less cost, tastes great, I choose the Fit Crunch Bars every time. To compensate for my ice cream cravings, I buy the Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom flavors, which range from 80-120 cals per half cup, have a ton of fiber, and a half gallon at the local store is about $7.
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had to switch to pb2 and stop buying kraft peanut butter because I have so much trouble moderating it. Now I only buy it for long camping trips, where I am forced to moderate it because otherwise I will run out of food and starve.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am on a peanut butter kick now, and its so good for me too. Kicker.. I have to weigh out what I want, log it and put the container up!

OP, close the jar and put it away, you can always have more tomorrow!!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is good.. but pricey. It's averaging about $7 plus tax for a pint, and it averages about 20g of protein and somewhere around 12g of fiber per pint for 320 calories (that's the peanut butter cup version). An 88g Peanut Butter Fit Crunch Bar is 30g Protein, 2g fiber for about 380 calories. The two biggest differences are the Fit Crunch Bar will cost you about $2.50, where the pint of Halo Top is about $7. More protein, less cost, tastes great, I choose the Fit Crunch Bars every time. To compensate for my ice cream cravings, I buy the Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom flavors, which range from 80-120 cals per half cup, have a ton of fiber, and a half gallon at the local store is about $7.

I got some Halo Top at Kroger the other week on sale about half price...so I stocked up. Otherwise, I agree it is pretty pricey...

I will have to check out the Fit Crunch Bar- never had that brand before.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have two table spoons with an apple a couple of times a week. Compared to what I used to eat as snacks before that's a vast improvement. I've never gone over my calories for the day. Yet! :)