The struggle of low card low fat

So i started a cut and for a week I was doing great on low fat low carb meals but now I'm bored of them and find myself not eating much at all anymore. Is there any way to avoid the Plateau of this diet?

Replies

• Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    I would be bored too if I was mostly just eating one of the three macros. If you're already bored after a week, is this the right plan for you? Weight loss comes down to burning more calories than you take in. So maybe try to play around with a macro split that helps you stay compliant and allows for some variety.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Ariillynn wrote: »
    So i started a cut and for a week I was doing great on low fat low carb meals but now I'm bored of them and find myself not eating much at all anymore. Is there any way to avoid the Plateau of this diet?

Um, the vast majority of people who eat low carb don't also eat low fat. When you are on a mostly protein diet, of course you aren't eating enough. Here's a link to a rather large low carb group....they can give you more info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

Step 1 would be to drop the broscience diet. Protein is a horrible source of energy, so you really either need fats or carbs. Considering fats support hormones and carbs support energy needs and are anticatabolic (prevent protein breakdown), you should probably find a diet that is a bit more sustainable.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I agree with the others, definitely want to find a macro split that is healthy, sustainable, enjoyable and fuels your workout performance. Plus not eating much = bad for workouts and muscle retention.
  • psuLemon
    filbo132 wrote: »
    You are saying that you are cutting, but you are posting this on a gaining weight forum?? Is there something I am missing?

Yes there is... this is dedicated to more than gaining weight. It includes cutting cycles and all other things bodybuilding. Its really meant for those looking for the next step in fitness and body comp improvements.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    You doing PSMF or something? Why you do that?
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »
    You are saying that you are cutting, but you are posting this on a gaining weight forum?? Is there something I am missing?

Yes there is... this is dedicated to more than gaining weight. It includes cutting cycles and all other things bodybuilding. Its really meant for those looking for the next step in fitness and body comp improvements.

Ok, I guess I was missing something.

We changed it about 6 months ago, because a lot of the advanced lifters and knowledgeable members stayed in this forum. So we wanted to bring in the full spectrum so it doesn't get lost with general diet and weight loss threads.

Sorry OP, /hijacking.
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member

do a utube search on ketogenic egg diet for cutting. this ripped guy says he lose 16lbs of fat in 6 days on it while lifting but he went off of it as soon as he got what wants.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    beanz744 wrote: »

do a utube search on ketogenic egg diet for cutting. this ripped guy says he lose 16lbs of fat in 6 days on it while lifting but he went off of it as soon as he got what wants.

Cause egg diet doesn't sound boring either... Dieting doesn't need to be painfully, or unnecessarily restrictive!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    beanz744 wrote: »

That would mean that he had a deficit of 9,333 calories per day AND that his body was able to pull that many calories from the body fat of an already lean individual. That didn't happen, not even close.