waxing question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks all for the responses!

Yes, it does hurt especially the first couple times and certain spots hurt more than others (to those that asked). And yes, I do it myself but only the bikini line. The full thing gets done by a pro... something about keeping the skin taught just doesnt work when you are working at that angle.... trying to keep it PG lol.

I wish I could afford laser cuz I used to shave every other day and I am getting sick of it which is why I decided to wax myself. Though I have heard that the laser treatment can be painful as well....especially when its closer to the "inside" area (hope that made sense).
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    I shave, maybe once a week. I don't think I could ever wax there. I'm bad enough trying to get ny eyebrows waxed!
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    I do a full Brazilian wax every 3 weeks. it hurts pretty bad, but its over quickly and it does get SLIGHTLY less painful once the hair starts thinning out.
  • quinnybear
    Options
    Uggggh I hate waxing. Goin' in for laser hair removal soon! YAY for no hair!

I want to get this done too! My spa is running a special for 6 brazillian treatments for $1500 and you get 6 underarm treatments free.

$1500 for 6 brazilian waxes?!?! I only pay $40 for one!
  • MissionABS
    MissionABS Posts: 80
    Options
    Are there any other guys reading along and getting mental images of these hot (and bare) ladies?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've never waxed how much does 1 cost. Also how long does the hair have to be, I shave so obviously I would have to have more hair. Shaving irritates my skin so I keep thinking about waxing. 1 every 5 weeks is less frequent than I thought you had to go.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    $1500 for LASER treatments :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options

Pffffp!!! Bernzomatic Torch Kit; 49.95$ at Home Depot!

You're welcome!
  • quinnybear
    Options
    I've never waxed how much does 1 cost. Also how long does the hair have to be, I shave so obviously I would have to have more hair. Shaving irritates my skin so I keep thinking about waxing. 1 every 5 weeks is less frequent than I thought you had to go.

I pay $40 for a wax, but there are some spas that do it for $120, so it just depends on where you go. I always got in-grown hairs and major irritation shaving, so I switched to waxing. It depends on the person how often you have to go. For the first wax the hair needs to be 3/4 to 1 inch long but it only needs to be 1/2 inch or so long for the next wax. I don't shave at all between waxes so I go every 3 weeks and the hair grows to the perfect length in that amount of time.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I want to get this done too! My spa is running a special for 6 brazillian treatments for $1500 and you get 6 underarm treatments free.
    I did the laser, spent $750 for 5 treatments and it didn't work at all. It was such a waste of money and so painful!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    For those of you thinking about laser treatment, it is NOT a permenant solution, it does not get rid of hair for ever. It is to reduce the growth ( and even then it can takes months and months depending on the hair growth cycle/phase it's in), it does not get rid of hair full stop. Remember this when looking at the costs!!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks all for the responses!

Yes, it does hurt especially the first couple times and certain spots hurt more than others (to those that asked). And yes, I do it myself but only the bikini line. The full thing gets done by a pro... something about keeping the skin taught just doesnt work when you are working at that angle.... trying to keep it PG lol.

I wish I could afford laser cuz I used to shave every other day and I am getting sick of it which is why I decided to wax myself. Though I have heard that the laser treatment can be painful as well....especially when its closer to the "inside" area (hope that made sense).

As far as laser hurting...top notch reputable spas will have the latest technology in laser hair removal and it's completely painless. The only thing you feel is the moving of the wand an a warmth but no pain.
  • husker_gal
    Options

I pay $40 for a wax, but there are some spas that do it for $120, so it just depends on where you go. I always got in-grown hairs and major irritation shaving, so I switched to waxing. It depends on the person how often you have to go. For the first wax the hair needs to be 3/4 to 1 inch long but it only needs to be 1/2 inch or so long for the next wax. I don't shave at all between waxes so I go every 3 weeks and the hair grows to the perfect length in that amount of time.

I pay $45 for a wax. The prices for laser hair removal depend largely on the type of laser technology the spa you go to is using. If the spa isn't using the latest technology of laser then the the prices will be cheaper...it will also be more painful. The newest laser hair technology produce zero pain and no irritation.
  • husker_gal
    Options

Pffffp!!! Bernzomatic Torch Kit; 49.95$ at Home Depot!

You're welcome!

LOL! :laugh:
  • husker_gal
    Options

$1500 for 6 brazilian waxes?!?! I only pay $40 for one!

No $1500 for 6 laser treatments and 6 underarm treatments.
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Every time I think of waxing myself, I go and read this joke.

http://www.matchdoctor.com/blog_47706/Waxing_-_A_story_every_woman_should_read.html
  • cwelsh99
    cwelsh99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been lasering for about a year. Get on Groupon--I've bought three packages through them, each around $150/6 sessions. That's a $1200 value. It's absolutely worth it!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    For those of you thinking about laser treatment, it is NOT a permenant solution, it does not get rid of hair for ever. It is to reduce the growth ( and even then it can takes months and months depending on the hair growth cycle/phase it's in), it does not get rid of hair full stop. Remember this when looking at the costs!!

Why hello there Debbie Downer.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I disagree with your findings. It does indeed lead to about 80% permanent removal in 4-6 sessions.

And I've seen my girlfriend's lasered Beav and it's a thing of beauty. Just sayin.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I disagree with your findings. It does indeed lead to about 80% permanent removal in 4-6 sessions.

And I've seen my girlfriend's lasered Beav and it's a thing of beauty. Just sayin.
    It didn't work for me, just sayin' and I know several others that it didn't work for, either. It does work for some, I can't say whether it's the choice of laser technology or the coloring of their hair/skin, but they cannot say it is hair removal, it is hair reduction, and most of the time the follicle heals and the hair grows back.