no motivation, it seems so useless....

Options
2»

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    OP - There are solutions to each and every one of the situations you have talked about which you feel is blocking you from losing weight.

Honestly the 1st place I would start is getting some real effective dialogue going with your Gp. Be as detailed and honest about what you are experiencing as your physical symptoms and mental state are really putting a Hell of a strain on you. You might find you are Hypothyroid and fixing this is transformative. You may also be suffering with depression and that you would benefit from medication. Be your own best advocate.

If you have had gestational diabetes then you may be at higher risk of developing Type 2 as a result. Talk to your Dr about how much you are drinking see what they say but honestly the calories you are drinking every day must be shoving out foods that have far better nutritional value.

With your sensitive teeth have you been to the dentist lately? Pain on eating is not normal but there are products that can help. Also have you thought about taking salads out of the fridge so they don't hurt, same with fruit let them come up to room temperature before eating.

Making such big life changes such as weight loss requires strength and commitment on your behalf if you weren't so overwhelmed with the physical/emotional issues then maybe you can find the motivation you desire.

I wish you well.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,084 Member
    Options
    Are there any things that have a lot of protein but few calories?

For this specific point, take a look at this thread:

Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...

It links to a spreadsheet that lists foods by their protein efficiency - most protein for fewest calories. Scroll through the list, find things you like, eat more of them.
  • badwolf1009
    badwolf1009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For the record, I was only joking about it being the kids fault! I don't blame them at all, but I was thinner before I had them :-)
    As for the pasta, I only ate a half cup of it so I know there wasn't 1700 in the amount I ate, but I get what you're saying!! I've been trying to only go to places that list the calories.
    I'm also not gaining weight. I've been maintaining my weight for 14 years now. I just can't lose weight. I just thought it was odd that I'm starving myself now eating and drinking far less then I was and my pants are tighter than they've even been. It's weird.
    I can't do this anymore. I'm miserable. I've stopped walking even though I enjoy it because I kept getting painful blisters on my feet from my crappy cheap shoes and I can't afford to buy new ones. I'm tired of being hungry. I'm tired that I can't have a tea party with my 4 year old anymore because we have real iced tea (sweetened of course because it tastes nasty otherwise) and real crackers and stuff with it and that doesn't fit into my calories. If I eat and drink with her then I can't eat lunch or breakfast. Tea parties with her are something special that she'll remember and now I can't do that because I'm afraid I won't lose weight.
    I'm scared to eat anything now. I pretty much don't eat until dinner to make sure I have enough for it. Last night we had pizza, today he ran to get KFC. I haven't had anything to eat today. I'm miserable. I want to cry. But now, even though I want to eat I also want to lose weight but I want to eat and I'm tired of being conflicted. The only reason I'm trying to lose weight is because a stupid woman I only see once a month if that asked me if I was pregnant again. I was mostly fine being overweight before. I only want to lose weight because I'm embarrassed that I've gained so much weight since high school. And honestly, I hated all the people that I graduated with. Why should I care what they say or think about me!?!? We weren't friends anyway!!! If I were to move away from everyone I know I wouldn't care what my weight was. The last time I went to the doctor I was very healthy, just fat. I just don't think I want to be miserable anymore in order to be a size 0 and have people accept me and not think I'm gross for being fat.