From 330lbs to 265lbs to 280lbs... starting over but not from scratch!

Options
gilmoredl
gilmoredl Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
Your success stories have been absolutely inspiring. I wanted to share a little of my story.

A two and a half years ago I reached my breaking point. I knew that I wasn't healthy and had always "wanted" to be healthy and get in shape. The problem was that I never took action. Finally after getting tired of looking in the mirror and worrying about what could become of my health my fiancée and I decided to start running. I hated it. Day after day, it was the worst thing ever until I completed my first mile without stopping. At the end of the mile I thought I was going to die, so I just laid down at the end of the trail for a while. We walked back to the car and that was the proudest I had ever been of myself. Over the course of a year I kept running, and changed my diet from pizza and sandwiches to mostly veggies. During that year I dropped 65lbs. I remember seeing a shirt in a store that I wanted but looked like an overstuffed sausage in. Less than a month later, the shirt fit perfectly.

Since then, I've slowed down. My diet along with my exercise habits, while not as bad as they were, aren't the best. I've been bouncing between 270 and280. Last month though, we started a new gym membership. Not much progress yet but I know it's coming. I have about 81 pounds to go before I hit my goal and I know that I can do it.

Overall I guess this is my success story considering the weight I have lost, but it's also my story of getting back to it to reach my goal.
S3nTFSJm.jpg
330#

pla6Dswm.jpg
265#

fHlqJFzm.jpg
280#

Replies

• Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You just need to find something you like. I've tried many different exercises and have found strength training to be the most challenging. You are working against yourself and can see improvements. It's cool to feel stronger. You also are using calories 24/7. I had to work so much harder with cardio. Anyway, you are looking great. Don't let this conquer you. Do it for you and your lady.
  • gilmoredl
    gilmoredl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll add that I actually learned that I do really enjoy running and lifting. I was doing both when I was loosing. The reason I stopped is because I let life get to me. No more of that! I'm close to halfway to my overall goal and I can't wait to hit it!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Nice job :)
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You look great! Best of luck on the rest of your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!