Chafing!

Options
Hi MF pals, I started running recently and was surprised to love it! Unfortunately the chafe is strong with this one. Any tips or tricks or specific clothes or anything that would help me to not chafe?

Replies

• broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Talked about these in another post today but getting some compression pants would help with this. I bought these which are pretty cheap but haven't had any issues after multiple washes.

https://www.amazon.com/TM-P15-BKRZ-Large-Tesla-Compression-Shorts-Baselayer/dp/B01DSU0VS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495770300&sr=8-2&keywords=tesla+compression+pants
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Body glide.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Glide!

Also, depending on where you are chafing, it might just be the fit of your clothing. While I can't answer for your man parts if that's what's chafing (I'll leave that one to the guys) clothing seams are often chafing points. Also, be sure that you are wearing tech gear rather than cotton. That makes a huge difference!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you running in loose clothing?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hi MF pals, I started running recently and was surprised to love it! Unfortunately the chafe is strong with this one. Any tips or tricks or specific clothes or anything that would help me to not chafe?

Tech tee or compression base layers. For shorts I prefer those with a long leg liner:
    411F0qB7LCL.jpg

Otherwise, vaseline helps
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Oh i had tons of chafing in my nips lol
    I tried tons of stuff, but eventually I found shirts that were specifically designed to reduce chafing and fortunately weren't expensive (20 euros). My problem was solved ever since!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Body Glide and/or compression pants.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I use compression running pants- makes a world of difference. Good luck!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Where? What are you wearing when you run?
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Body glide or the like during the run. If you chafe, try diaper cream or original noxema to treat the skin. I have used both for cycling related chafing.

Diaper cream acts as a barrier and protects the skin while it heals. I had concerns about ruining clothes but it hasn't yet.

For me, Noxema seems to treat mild chaffing more quickly. Though it leaves you with a slightly medicinal smell.