Losing weight in a month

Options
I've not had the best month with my diet and I'm looking to make changes in June, I have a holiday coming in July and I'm hoping to lose a little bit of weight I've made small changes to my diet with eating more salads and fruit but still find my having chocolate from time to time

Anyway I was just wondering how much weight can I lose if I cut out the junk food and cut my calorie intake to 1000-1300, I go walking for a hour+ 6 days a week with a rest day on Saturdays

I'm 5ft3 and currently about 8st 12lbs

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Your weight is already in the healthy weight range for your height with a BMI of 22. I don't know how active you are at work, but with walking an hour a day, anything less than 1200cals per day will be too low. If you fairly active at work you plus the walking you could probably eat up to 1400 to 1500 per day and still lose weight.

Don't let yourself get too hungry eating less than 1200calories per day, this will be counterproductive, you will be hungry and probably end up over eating. Plus the rebound weight while on holiday could be fairly significant due to overeating and drinking while away.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You can lose up to .5 pounds per week based on your current height and weight.

I would also stick to the 1,200-1,300 range; dipping below 1,200 might not allow you enough vital vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It may also increase your risk for getting that "skinny fat" look.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Since you're already within a healthy weight range I would recommend body recomposition. Eat at maintenance and incorporate a workout routine that has both a cardio and strength training aspect. Good luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    5'3" and...what... 115Lbs? Your BMI is 20.4 why not focus on building muscle, getting and looking more fit?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    5'3" and...what... 115Lbs? Your BMI is 20.4 why not focus on building muscle, getting and looking more fit?

no, 124 pounds. a stone is 14 pounds.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    ShortChef wrote: »
    I've not had the best month with my diet and I'm looking to make changes in June, I have a holiday coming in July and I'm hoping to lose a little bit of weight I've made small changes to my diet with eating more salads and fruit but still find my having chocolate from time to time

Anyway I was just wondering how much weight can I lose if I cut out the junk food and cut my calorie intake to 1000-1300, I go walking for a hour+ 6 days a week with a rest day on Saturdays

I'm 5ft3 and currently about 8st 12lbs

You are 5'3" and 124 lbs. This is near the middle of the healthy weight range for your height. Setting your goal for .5 lbs a week or 2-3 lbs in a month would be reasonable.
    You should not need to drastically alter your diet for a 250 calorie daily deficit.
    You should not be eating below 1200 calories. If you are active you should be eating more. You should be eating some of the calories you earn from exercise.
    Instead of lowering your calories/restrictive dieting and walking 1+ hours a day you could spend some time strength training.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

no, 124 pounds. a stone is 14 pounds.

Ah, I read that as 8 stone TWO, not 8 stone TWELVE. Mustn't post before tea. Thanks.

She's still at a great weight.