Looking more female friends like myself...

Options
2»

Replies

• Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm 44, and need to lose about 100 pounds - SW is 245 :( Would love some friends on here please add me
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello. Getting ready to turn 48, have about 20-30 lbs to lose. Problem is I have panhypopituitarism (yep, lol - had a pituitary tumor when I was a teenager and at 19, the dr removed my whole gland instead of just the tumor) and hypothyroidism, so my cortisol levels go up and down (<2 at this time) and no growth hormone in my system. My endocrinologist has told me that there is no way I will lose weight and am wasting time trying. I have a hard time being told I can't do something, so....here I am pushing through ☺️. Would love all the friends and support I can get.
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laurie 48 years old. After my Graves Disease with hyperthyroidism went into remission I gained all of the weight back. My total goal is to lose 100lbs.

Hello. I know somewhat of what your going through. It is so rough having endocrine issues and trying to lose weight. I have hypothyroidism and panhypopituitarism. Keep up the good work and stay strong ☺️

• Cyndi3wy
    Cyndi3wy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the MFP community would love to join you on this adventure! I am 49 and a goal to be more fit.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, 5'6 and presently 186. (haven't had my weigh in this week) I've lost 28 total pounds this year, I'm on week 6 of C25K, and my present mantra is "50 by 50". I want to be at a reasonable weight by the time I turn 50! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • BuoyantSoul
    BuoyantSoul Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone! It's great to see all you ladies over 40!!!

I'm 41, a single mom with zero free time, and looking to somehow lose about 7 kg in the next 3 months or so. Not only that but I'd like to get my muscles back! It's been a hard year for me and I'm coming out of a bad depression during which I didn't eat right and didn't exercise. Now I'm prepared to get back on the horse! It's hard to keep myself motivated so I really need some buddies to keep us all motivated together!

I'm always looking for like-minded friends so please add me!
  • Justmj77
    Justmj77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 46, 5'1 and weigh 180 pounds. I've lost 7 pounds in the last 7 weeks. This is my umpteenth time trying to lose weight :) but I am determined to do it. Feel free to add me. My diary is open, and I log everyday.
  • Lorriehashope
    Lorriehashope Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im Lorrie and looking for friend's, support and inspiration too! Love too! I'm 53!!! GIRL POWER!
  • feliciajkang
    feliciajkang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and since starting mfp a few weeks ago and actively logging- I stay at around 12-1400 calories, I have put ON a couple pounds! Wonder what I'm doing wrong!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hit there! I'm 45 and I just started a few days ago. I'm 5'8" and weight about 205. It's my highest weight ever and I was shocked when I stepped on the scale. I carry my weight pretty well, but still. I think I've been deluding myself about how big I've become. I would like to get down to about 155ish. I used to eat insane amounts of sugar and fat, and am currently sticking to about 1500 calories per day. I am trying to get back to the gym and I would love to start the Stronglifts program soon. It's been a very humbling experience watching my weight creep up in the last few years. I have always been able to eat whatever I want, whenever, and not see much difference. Then if I needed to drop some weight, it came off easily. Now that I'm in my mid-40s, I've really noticed a difference. The last time I tried to lose some weight (last spring), I busted my butt at the gym and tried to eat better, and it was depressing how slow the results came. But I keep reminding myself that I'm in it for the long haul. This time around I'm counting calories and just concentrating on getting healthier. It's a struggle when you are "older", for sure!
  • MarcieAlvarez71
    MarcieAlvarez71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me. Need motivation and accountability.
    4'8 46yrs
    3/29 OW-179
    3/31 CW-176
    4/30 goal-166
    FG:130
  • tcullom
    tcullom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I went through and added a bunch of you!!! I have had MFP for awhile now but im buckling down on my macros so i need the calculation for sure. I thought having some friends up here, commenting and getting comments, liking ect. would encourage me to keep up the diary when it gets touch. Judgement free allllll the way! Super excited. Hop you guys post and reaoond and all. Anyone I didnt add... add me. Im motivated and want to motivate everybody! Lets go!

Love, t.c.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm almost 40 - come July. And what I've noticed is that as I age, weight is harder to lose. Not to mention, I was "promoted" to a desk job and that just killed my weight loss process. I set my alarm at work to remind myself to drink water and powerwalk for 6-7 minutes every hour. Please add me and we can walk through this together.
  • Becky_Ann_1971
    Becky_Ann_1971 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Becky, I'm 45 and looking to have a successful April hopefully along side of some friends particularly my age group! I've sent out Friend Requests, anyone else feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Belmont61
    Belmont61 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 46 and would love some new friends too. It's always good to have company, advice and most of all a good laugh now and then along the way
  • JustMeNoExcuses
    JustMeNoExcuses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • RobinSFoster
    RobinSFoster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 39, looking to lose about 40lbs before I re-evaluate to see where I should be ultimately. I'm a pretty active MFP member.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am 46 and been on MFP just over a year, started at 218 and now at 170. I'm looking towards a goal of 161, but I will see WHEN I get there if that's my final goal. I don't have an open diary and don't feel the need to check out everyone else's. My theory is eat what you enjoy and what works for you, regardless. I would love some more chatty friends to motivate and check in with, I think we all need the extra support along the way. :)