MyFitness Pal to the cover of Women's Day Magazine!

mihyun28
mihyun28 Posts: 12 Member
This app was with me during my 100 lb weight loss and helped me change my unhealthy eating lifestyle. It taught me how to eat right. I lost the weight and have kept it off since 2011. My amazing journey was featured in the Feb 2017 issue of Women's Day Magazine.

Replies

• 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Congrats!! Great story. How did you get involved with Women's Day? (How were you chosen to be one of the subjects in an article?) Again, congrats to you! Great work!
  • meabea
    meabea Posts: 30 Member
    What an exciting story! I'm truly inspired by your weight loss success. Thank you for sharing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    That's super. I've been written up a few times (by smaller publications) and it's so fun and inspiring and rewarding.
  • Francis3211
    Francis3211 Posts: 16 Member
    Oh, thats awesome to hear !!! MFP and its community are really helping me. But I have a long long way to go and hearing other's achievements, do really inspire me.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Congratulations! Keeping the weight off - extra kudos!
    I'm down 143 pounds over three years, and am learning the ins and outs of maintaining the loss. Stories like yours are so inspiring and helpful.

:-)
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    omg this is so funny! I dont generally read this magazine, but I work in a library and just this past Thursday I checked in this exact issue at the circ desk and totally remember your face from the cover!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    mihyun28 wrote: »
    This app was with me during my 100 lb weight loss and helped me change my unhealthy eating lifestyle. It taught me how to eat right. I lost the weight and have kept it off since 2011. My amazing journey was featured in the Feb 2017 issue of Women's Day Magazine.

Fyi I was reading this article the day I decided I needed to start exercising and losing weight. I have been on mfp since and I am down 28 lbs (well 22 on here but switched scales to a new one that recorded 6 lbs different )
  • mihyun28
    Amazing! Keep up the great work!!!
  • mihyun28
    lorrpb wrote: »
    That's super. I've been written up a few times (by smaller publications) and it's so fun and inspiring and rewarding.
    That's so inspiring! I love helping people and showing them that normal people can do amazing things!
  • mihyun28
    Oh, thats awesome to hear !!! MFP and its community are really helping me. But I have a long long way to go and hearing other's achievements, do really inspire me.
    hearing other people's stories keeps me motivated too! Keep it up!

• mihyun28
    omg this is so funny! I dont generally read this magazine, but I work in a library and just this past Thursday I checked in this exact issue at the circ desk and totally remember your face from the cover!
    what!!!!! Are you kidding? That is soooo funny! It's been an amazing journey and I get to meet awesome people like you :)

• naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    What an amazing and beautiful transformation! You look absolutely gorgeous and I love the boost of confidence you gained! Hurray and congrats!
  • mihyun28
    naomillion wrote: »
    What an amazing and beautiful transformation! You look absolutely gorgeous and I love the boost of confidence you gained! Hurray and congrats!
    Thank you!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I'm down 143 pounds over three years, and am learning the ins and outs of maintaining the loss. Stories like yours are so inspiring and helpful.

I'd say keeping t off is the hardest thing. That's why I've decided to never be "on a diet" instead I like to make healthy lifestyle changes. Then it's a lifestyle habit and not a temporary diet! Congrats to you!!!

This deserves repeating.
  • TranquilaSoon
    TranquilaSoon Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for sharing. Heart problems run in my family, too. I am getting back on the wagon!
  • mihyun28
    Thanks for sharing. Heart problems run in my family, too. I am getting back on the wagon!
    I'm so glad to hear that! After losing the weight all of my blood work has become normal.
  • mihyun28
    Chadxx wrote: »

I'd say keeping t off is the hardest thing. That's why I've decided to never be "on a diet" instead I like to make healthy lifestyle changes. Then it's a lifestyle habit and not a temporary diet! Congrats to you!!!

This deserves repeating.

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!