Two weeks in...

Options
lizbanks
lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
And I guess I should get to introducing myself.

I'm a stay at home mom to two boys, 4 months and 2 years. They're a handful! I didn't have much of a problem losing the pregnancy weight but now I need to get down to a healthier weight for my height and body frame. While losing some weight is a goal, my bigger goal is gaining muscle.

I don't have much support from my husband (he thinks I'm going to be too skinny...) so its been tough. I started well over a month ago and gave up after a few days and now I'm back! I've been two weeks strong so far!

I am more than open to a few friends on here who are also weight lifting who might be able to give me some tips. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Freeapollo
    Freeapollo Posts: 25
    Options
    If you are weight lifting always always always make sure you have replentishing the nutrients your body is using while weight lifting. It is possiable to actually harm your body if you don't give your body the fuel it needs to adequatly replentish its strength. Best of luck to you!

-Julian
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been doing SOOO much research the last week into weightlifting and the different minerals you use while you're working out. I've still yet to find a good source of potassium though since bananas are an absolute NO for me! LOL. I absolutely despise everything about bananas... Even their yellow peels are horribly nauseating!
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Raisins, potatoes and apricots are all excellent sources of potassium. If you dislike those, you could always try a potassium supplement. If you see a chiropractor (I say chiropractor because they are much more open to supplements than most MD's), talk to him or her about supplements and minerals while weight lifting. Most chiropractors have a ton of good information when it comes to this. Most of the chiropractors I have seen/talked to/interned with her in MN actually do blood testing where you will have blood drawn and they will do probably a 50 some point panel to see what you are deficient in. I had this done in the spring and have been feeling wonderful since I have started taking my vitamins. Oh, and one last thing, UltraMeal is a wonderful "protein" drink. I put it in quotations because it is more like a vitamin drink, has no traditional protein taste, but also is an extremely good source of protein. It comes in a lot of different flavors. You can either order it online or get it at a health food store or chiropractic office. Hope this helps :)