done it before, cant seem to do it again...

Options
about 3 years ago i had a moment in my head where I was like that is it ... I kept to MFP properly, lost 21lbs in 3 months (exactly the pace I wanted) got to pre pregnancy weight, and although i had more to lose I was so happy.
I have since had another baby (20 months ago) and yet I cannot find the will power to keep at it. I look in the mirror and hate myself, promise myself I am keeping to it this time, and yet find myself eating cake, knowing I am doing, knowing I am sabotaging my diet and yet I do it anyway. I not morbidly obese, yet I need to lose 30lbs in total. I am on a lot of meds (lupus) but that shouldnt stop me from losing weight. I cannot find the mindset to keep at it. I have goals in my head that come and go, clothes in cupboard that I look at, shrug my shoulders and then eat more!!!

I know there is no answer, no solution besides closing mouth and getting on with it, but there must people before who have had this and can give me some tips.

Thanks ( i promise i had a healthy breakfast)

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Only you can do it if you really want it you will do it. if not maybe you are just not ready. Only you can make the decision.
  • sonjabrad
    sonjabrad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This was me 4 weeks ago! My second baby is now 20 months. Like you I lost my baby weight using mfp after having my first child, but just could not get started after having my second.
    Every day I started logging only to give up halfway through the day, this went on for months and I got so fed up.
    In week 4 now and am feeling so much better.
    Happy to support you as I know exactly how it feels, I have around 35-50lb to lose.
    Take one day at a time and each day you get more in the zone, it's taken 3 weeks to get back fully into it, but I'm off the starting blocks now and feeling much better about myself.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You have a lot going on with a second baby and lupus so cut yourself some slack! Stress can keep you from focusing on your goals so try and address that, try and give yourself 10 minutes a day to practice mindfulness and set your intentions for the day.

As far as cake is concerned, don't restrict yourself, try having less each day, rather than cutting it out. Try including lots of filling vegetables with your meals. And on days where you have energy, meal prep so you can just grab a rice dish to heat up when you can't be bothered to cook. If you can, slowly encorporate more exercise. I think you seem quite overwhelmed so acknowledging you have a lot on and setting smaller goals may work for you?

It's not about the clothes in the cupboard, eating well will give you more energy which will help with lupus. Focus on the physical and emotional wellbeing of healthy eating.

If that seems like its too much for now, maybe set yourself a goal of drinking 2 litres of water. That will make a big difference alone.

Don't beat yourself up, everyone gets stuck in a rut from time to time but remember you can get yourself out of it
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You have a lot going on with a second baby and lupus so cut yourself some slack! Stress can keep you from focusing on your goals so try and address that, try and give yourself 10 minutes a day to practice mindfulness and set your intentions for the day.

As far as cake is concerned, don't restrict yourself, try having less each day, rather than cutting it out. Try including lots of filling vegetables with your meals. And on days where you have energy, meal prep so you can just grab a rice dish to heat up when you can't be bothered to cook. If you can, slowly encorporate more exercise. I think you seem quite overwhelmed so acknowledging you have a lot on and setting smaller goals may work for you?

It's not about the clothes in the cupboard, eating well will give you more energy which will help with lupus. Focus on the physical and emotional wellbeing of healthy eating.

If that seems like its too much for now, maybe set yourself a goal of drinking 2 litres of water. That will make a big difference alone.

Don't beat yourself up, everyone gets stuck in a rut from time to time but remember you can get yourself out of it

awww this comment made tears come to my eyes (lol does that show what kind of a state I am in!!) the water idea is a good one, and maybe ensure there are veggies with every meal to begin with, to bulk up on, although some of my eating is not for hunger!
    Meal prep is a big deal - if there is ready food when I come in it helps a lot. I bought a soup maker last week so hopefully that will do me some good... maybe a 10 min walk with a mindfulness podcast...

Thank u xx