Keto diet

Options
I am new to Keto diet and so far starting off good. I am down 3 lbs and only started Sunday, so almost a week. I would love some ideas on what you all snack on etc. and when did you start the Keto diet and how much have you lost.

Replies

• i0wL
    i0wL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there o/ Good start - but keep in mind, those first kilos tend to be mainly water (at the beginning)

For keto-snacks / tips: Check out the YouTube channel "Headbangers Kitchen" (okay, theres´metal music sometimes - but not too loud :D ) BUT! This guy, got recipes I NEVER HEARD OF!
    For example a keto-cheesecake. This cake, I swear it´s mindblowing :open_mouth:
    Check him out :)
    What I like to snack at the moment, is 100ml of whipping cream beaten up and then mix it with frozen raspberries KETO ICE CREAM

0/
  • Swhyte27
    Swhyte27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will check that at. Right now it has been a lot of the same stuff and don't want to get burned out.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Check out the Low Carber Daily MFP group. Lots of low carbers and keto'ers there who have open diaries. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

I lost about 40lbs on keto. I started about 2 years ago and lost my weight within the first 6 months.

My snacks are coffee with whipped cream or coconut cream, nuts, veggies with dip, cheese, pepperoni, leftovers and diet cola (trying to still permanently drop that one LOL).
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I lost 20-some lbs on keto about a year ago. My snacks are similar to nvmomketo's (and definitely check out the group she linked!). Also nut butter, sometimes Quest bars (especially if I'm on the go/out and about and need something substantial I can grab quickly), celery with nut butter, a lunch meat and cheese roll-up, a chocolate hemp shake or keto pumpkin shake, sometimes coconut milk and chia pudding.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love keto. I've been on and off of it for a few years, and I always lose the most weight when I stick to it. I've been back on it for 2 weeks now and I'm down about 4lbs.

My favourite snacks are:
    - Pepperoni sticks
    - Cheese strings
    - Quest Bars
    - Flavoured almonds (Blue Diamond Habanero BBQ and Wasabi Soy are the bomb)
    - Protein fluff
    - Dark chocolate
    - Halo Top
    - Pickles
    - Celery and cucumbers with ranch dip
    - Sugar-free Jello topped with whipped cream
    - Berries with whipped cream
    - Lunch meat (rolled up with cream cheese, yum)
    - Tuna with mayo and finely diced celery/pickles
    - Pork rinds
  • Swhyte27
    Swhyte27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I just purchased pork rinds and tried for the first time. I can not get past the taste. blah. Maybe it's just me. @toxikon , do you eat them plan? And didn't think about Jello, that would be a nice desert :)
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been on keto since this January and have lost 47 pounds so far. We bake pepperoni in the oven on a cookie sheet. 375 for 10 minutes. They come out nice and crispy for a crunchy snack. KCKO!

MFP gives me 1905 calories and I try to keep net carbs at 20 or less a day.
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Swhyte27 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. I just purchased pork rinds and tried for the first time. I can not get past the taste. blah. Maybe it's just me. @toxikon , do you eat them plan? And didn't think about Jello, that would be a nice desert :)

We dip pork rinds in full fat sour cream. Sugar free jello is great with the spray can real whip cream on it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Swhyte27 wrote: »

My Walmart carries BBQ and Salt and Vinegar flavoured pork rinds so we always get those ones! And yes, dipped in sour cream is awesome.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yum. I like to add salt and onion powder to the sour cream for dipping.