Ab machines

Options
Who has tried any of the ab machines and have you had any sucess with them?

Replies

• onehottmama75
    onehottmama75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've used a couple of Ab Machines, but I've had more success in just doing them myself. I never really quite agreed with the weighted Ab Machines. Crunches are usually the best for me, but it's my discipline in doing it that counts. Have you ever tried doing them on a ball?? That really works your core and you have to make yourself use your muscles to balance. It's a great way to start.
  • SheilaRWhisnant
    SheilaRWhisnant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice idea
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've used two different ab machines: one for crunches and one for obliques. I liked using both of them. I only have access to the crunches now, but oh well. Anything on a Swiss ball will do wonders also. You can also add weight to regular crunches by simply holding a weight while you do your crunches. Adding a little more weight makes your muscles work harder.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Swiss ball. I personally hate sit-ups, and if I do them on the floor or on a bench, it hurts my lower back. I got a Swiss ball though, recently, and while I'm still not a fan of sit-ups, it doesn't hurt to do them anymore. :smile: Plus there are a lot of exercises you can do with it!

I've never tried any ab machines, though. A friend of mine has either the ab rocker or lounge (can't remember exactly which one), but he loves it and has gotten into really good shape with it. As ridiculous as I think I'd look, I secretly wanna try that one where you put your knees in and rotate around, it just looks so fun! haha.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I've used two different ab machines: one for crunches and one for obliques. I liked using both of them. I only have access to the crunches now, but oh well. Anything on a Swiss ball will do wonders also. You can also add weight to regular crunches by simply holding a weight while you do your crunches. Adding a little more weight makes your muscles work harder.

What is a Swiss ball? Like a yoga ball? Cuz I have one of those.... my dog love it lol
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yep! Swiss ball, exercise ball, yoga ball, pilates ball, etc. are all the same, as far as I know.