180.8 if I never see this number again it will be too soon! I need happy memes for inspiration

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
I walk 10,000 steps per day or more (sometimes 15000) on most days plus exercise or I go to the gym for 2 hrs. On my "bad" days I walk 6000 steps and eat 1200 calories. I even underate because I got so busy a couple days and was way too tired at the end of the night (after feeding my kids, exercising, etc I didnt find the time for all the small meals Id prelogged) and last week because I was sick I couldnt eat barely. Every other day I logged. 1200-1700 calories depending on how active I was. 180.8 every friggin time! Yes, I tested my scale. I picked things up and the weight changed. I had my BF try the scale and he's not 180.8. There is no way I maintain at 1200 net calories when I work out this much is there??? If I eat back anything it's 1/3 of what my fitbit says (if it says 1000 I eat back 300) because I dont trust it for gym exercises, just walking (which worked for me when I used it for that). Could I be undereating? It's been 3 weeks of 180.8... Could it be water/muscle repair for this long? So stressed... I was losing 2lbs per week like clockwork up until this. I did change my routine a bit to get more active and yes I weigh everything. I will say I took a waist measurement one day and it was around 35 and then a few days later it was 33-34 but I figured it was bloat because you cant lose an inch that quickly? Anyway rant over. I just needed to get that out. I seriously hate 180.8 - *KITTEN* you 180.8! I doubt there's much advice I can be given that I haven't tried... I log even my grazing (if I eat one dorito, I weigh it and log it - yes I'm serious and obsessed at this point). I just ate a baby grape (like 1cm wide) and I logged it. I just needed to vent. :/ I'm ordering pizza tonight because I'm working hard even if the scale doesn't show it and I deserve one day off (still logging though just letting myself eat a lot more lol)

Anyway anyone have any positive uplifting memes or something? I'm going to the gym. But I'd still like something positive to look at later.

Replies

• Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Dear Lord. I would give my left eye to weigh 180. I haven't been that light since 1985. True statement. Sorry, no meme. Just wanted to share and put things in perspective. Congratulations on your success.

Thanks. it is great to have lost 45lbs but it sucks to be here for 3 weeks and I did have my waist as 35 and now 33.5 but thats not possible is it because they were only like 4 days apart? (I rechecked to try a calculator online not for a scheduled measurement). Anyway. I am off to the gym. I dont believe in starvation most but I am starting to wonder because one day I ate 900 calories and worked out like crazy. I had a really big dinner planned but fell asleep. I tried to make up for it the next day but only got to 1600 calories before I was tired. But theres no way Im overeating unless my maintenance is ridiculously low. Anyway I have a lot of calories scheduled for today so if I gain a lb from one day (that actually sticks) I will find out I guess. lol. But regardless Im having my gorgonzola fries and artichoke pizza... 180.8 can bite me. Been trying to up my daily to 1500 now that I'm more active too but I either fall asleep or need to eat like 700 calories at once before bed lol because I was too busy. maybe I'll just start buying donuts or some other high calorie but small food and eat one when I'm too tired to make dinner. At least I won't be under my calories then.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    CRISIS AVERTED lol I'm down 2lbs... I realized I weighed in at the wrong time this time. Ironically it was the same weight as my last weigh in but I usually weigh in around 5pm it's 4pm and now I'm 178.8! Woohoo. :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh in as soon as you get up, which I assume is in the morning, after you use the bathroom and before drinking anything. That is the most reliable consistent time to weigh. You do gain weight during the day, often several pounds, so a weight later in the day will be more affected by what you ate & drank & peed, and your activity level that day.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Verity1111 - glad to see that you have had a loss, a big one at that.

Your anxiety levels must be exhausting though. From reading other posts and now this one it seems as though losing weight has just been a hard slog all round.

Given your ED history maybe that is triggering all sorts of worries that you find overwhelming and rational thought is difficult to engage. You have had great successes, regular losses and are a seasoned user of MFP but when you have any variance or challenge to what you expect you plummet into a "crisis" and "obsess".

I think that if you read another's post like yours you would be reassuring them that, weight loss isn't linear or regular, during this time they have been unwell so that is most likely going to affect what the scales say, despite the scale not budging measuring progress through pictures or the tape measure are valid indicators of progress being made so don't dismiss the information (in fact major changes like you experienced in measurements happen to a lot of people and are often a precursor to a 'whoosh' of weight loss) and 3 weeks is far to early to lose the plot.

Maybe getting some counselling would help, maybe even stepping away for a while from dieting to maintenance would be good, whatever you do from this point on though I wish you the best in dealing with your anxiety.

I have a literal anxiety disorder on top of it plus OCD (obessive compulsive disorder). Have had therapy but it can't take away a chemical imbalance and even medicine can only do so much lol. But thank you!!! I know it's irrational and I don't get off track from it but posting helps me vent and get it out. I dont care how people think Im nuts it helps me. And No way I am stopping dieting. Nothing is going to change my thought process - it's been this way for a decade and nothing helps except being a normal weight. When I'm at a normal weight is the only time I feel good.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Try to weigh in as soon as you get up, which I assume is in the morning, after you use the bathroom and before drinking anything. That is the most reliable consistent time to weigh. You do gain weight during the day, often several pounds, so a weight later in the day will be more affected by what you ate & drank & peed, and your activity level that day.

I actually weigh more in the morning because I usually don't eat until 5pm which is why I accidentally weighed in at 11am today and realized I weighed too early. I eat between 5pm and midnight because Im usually too busy with my kids to eat before then. I know its an odd schedule lol I only drink before 5pm (water/diet soda usually or tea) except on rare days when I get a free moment