A good scale

Options
Hi,
Does anyone have a scale that is accurate? I have the eatsmart precision and it varies up to six pounds every time I get on it.

Replies

• cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the withings body scale. It's a Wi-Fi scale and syncs to my phone
  • celestestar
    celestestar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your weight will vary during the day, and everyday
  • ashabbir7
    ashabbir7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit wifi scales together with Fitbit charge HR works well in keeping tracks on weight and fat percentage.
    Just need to bear in mind the time of day you weigh yourself and if you don't lose anything in particular week just think it's water retention and keep going.
  • luvluv1234
    luvluv1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your weight will vary during the day, and everyday

Yes. But my scale varies by six pounds when I weigh myself in the morning right after I wake up.
  • threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I also use withings scale and love it. It is accurate insofar as it matches the scale I had before I got it. Make sure you weigh on even surface and there aren't dust bunnies underneath!
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If all "smartness" such as syncing etc. is not important, then Omron BF511 or cheaper BF508. I have found those to be most consistently accurate for me, specially with other data besides weight. Most scales are decently accurate when it comes to only weight. unless person is heavy enough to get close to scale upper limit, or as opposite, very light. "Smart" scales such as Fitbit Aria, Garmin Index or Whitings are all decently accurate when it come weight, but not as good as Omron when it comes to estimating fat % and such metrics (keeping in mind that such data can't be really accurate in case of domestic scales anyway), while being twice as expensive. Of course if automatic data syncing is something you need, then convenience has it's own value.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    luvluv1234 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a scale that is accurate? I have the eatsmart precision and it varies up to six pounds every time I get on it.

I also had the Eatsmart precision and it worked great the first 3 year I had it and recently started doing the same thing yours is doing. I tried changing the batteries and recalibrating it, but, nothing worked.

I bought a Weight Guru bluetooth scale and really like it so far. With the weight guru app on your phone you can setup the scale to automatically sync your weights to fitbit and I believe to my fitness pal. I can't remember if mine is connected to fitbit and then fitbit is connected to MFP or if I have them both linked separately. But, either way, it's all uploaded everywhere by the time I get back to my computer. Pretty convenient. So far mine has been very consistent.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have an "Ozeri" digital scale. I think I bought it in 2015 and it's extremely precise. Each time I have done my weigh-ins for my powerlifting meets, my scale is exactly the same as the meet director's scale.
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I used to have a cheaper scale before and even weighing in several times after each other - I got a different result each time! Then I bought a Polar scale and results are consistent so I definitely trust it way more than my previous scale.. and it also syncs with my phone so I don't need to update my weight manually anywhere (oops, lazy :D)
  • luvluv1234
    Options
    Meelisv wrote: »
    If all "smartness" such as syncing etc. is not important, then Omron BF511 or cheaper BF508. I have found those to be most consistently accurate for me, specially with other data besides weight. Most scales are decently accurate when it comes to only weight. unless person is heavy enough to get close to scale upper limit, or as opposite, very light. "Smart" scales such as Fitbit Aria, Garmin Index or Whitings are all decently accurate when it come weight, but not as good as Omron when it comes to estimating fat % and such metrics (keeping in mind that such data can't be really accurate in case of domestic scales anyway), while being twice as expensive. Of course if automatic data syncing is something you need, then convenience has it's own value.

Thank you very much!
  • luvluv1234
    Options
    luvluv1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I also had the Eatsmart precision and it worked great the first 3 year I had it and recently started doing the same thing yours is doing. I tried changing the batteries and recalibrating it, but, nothing worked.

I bought a Weight Guru bluetooth scale and really like it so far. With the weight guru app on your phone you can setup the scale to automatically sync your weights to fitbit and I believe to my fitness pal. I can't remember if mine is connected to fitbit and then fitbit is connected to MFP or if I have them both linked separately. But, either way, it's all uploaded everywhere by the time I get back to my computer. Pretty convenient. So far mine has been very consistent.

Thank you!