Smoothie Recipes?

Options
Does anyone have some good smoothie recipes they would like to share???

Replies

• aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I make a smoothie every morning with...

6 oz Plain 0% Greek yogurt
    1 cup frozen berries (or whatever frozen fruit you like)
    1 cup coconut or almond milk
    Cinnamon and or Nutmeg to taste

I also sometimes add coconut oil or protein powder depending on what the smoothie's purpose is :)
  • Mentzerj
    Mentzerj Posts: 44
    Options
    Sure, I'll share one - I'm terrible about breakfast, never eat it, but I know I need to do something, so I've been doing this:

1 cup water
    1 cup Simply Made OJ w/ Mango
    1/2 cup Strawberry Yogurt
    Some Frozen Blueberries
    1 scoop whey protein

Calorie total will range depending on ingredients you choose, how much blueberries, etc, but think it comes out in mid 300's.
    Depending on the day and calorie needs I'll up it to 1 cup on the yogurt, etc.
  • kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    one mango (or about a cup of another fruit), half a cup of light yogurt, and ice. a splash of milk or juice and it stays under 150cals
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    what is coconut oil for aray379 ?
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    If you like the Chocolate Moo'd from Jamba Juice you'll love this one:

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup sliced strawberries
    2 tbls Soy Protein powder
    2 tbls sugar free chocolate syrup
    1 cup of ice

Blend and serve immediately.. serves 1. .. Bon Appetite! :wink:
  • jessiroonita
    Options
    there's a Dr. Oz article just out about his smoothie Diet and I looked at his smoothie recipes and they look delicious! try this link

http://shine.yahoo.com/search/recipes?p=dr+oz+smoothie

Good luck!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for just fruit a will do 2 cups frozen mango with some water and a packet of sweenter to cut the tart. I do the same thing with frozen mixed berries.

For protein shakes I do a scoop of protein, a cup of milk or almond milk and a cup of frozen fruit. Sometimes I put it in the freezer for a few minutes to make it like a milk shake. AMAZING!
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    Yep Shakeology! With a banana and PBS (powdered peanut butter) It's the bomb! Taste like a Reeses!
  • jessiroonita
    Options
    http://www.doctoroz.com/question?query=smoothie

this link may be even better.

Jessica
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! If you see anymore please add them :flowerforyou:
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I just found a Blueberry Mango Smoothie and it's delicious!

Ingredients
    1 cup chopped mango, fresh or frozen
    1 cup buttermilk, plain low fat yogurt, almond or rice milk
    2 teaspoons mild honey such as clover
    1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
    1 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
    6 raw almonds
    2 ice cubes, if desired (not needed if you use frozen fruit)

Makes 2 servings. Cals = about 265 per serving.

I like to add a scoop of my vanilla protein powder per serving which makes cal total about 380.
  • goingnowhere
    Options
    I make a protein blueberry smoothie nearly every morning. I'm a vegetarian (most of the time) so I need the protein.

In the blender:
    8 oz. water - or milk, or oj I use water to keep the calories down and there's enough flavor from the protein powder and EmergenC
    1 cup blueberries
    2 tablespoons ground flax seed (less if you need to cut the calories, but it's excellent for my health)
    1/4 cup yogurt to keep your digestion going (I use Greek yogurt)
    1 packet of Emergen-C
    1 TBLS protein
    1 tsp. Cinnamon (it helps utilize sugar)

It's quick, delicious and if you are not familiar with the health benefits of the ingredients - it's all on-line.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is how I make mine but you can use a variety of fruits or juices to make this to your taste:

1c. plain or vanilla yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1/2 c. orange juice
    1/2 c ice
    1/4 c frozen or fresh strawberries
    1/2 c banana

Put in blender or smoothie maker and blend. You can add more or less of something to taste.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My favorite

1 scoop of Super Fortress Whey Protein Cookies and Cream (Walmart) Great deal!
    1/2 cup Greek Plain Yogurt
    2 TBSP Jif Peanut Butter (looking for lower cal p butter)
    1/2 cup Silk Almond Unsweetened Milk
    add ice and blend for something that doesn't seem like it should be good for you.

I use this as my recovery drink. The Greek Yogurt cuts the sweetness so its no so icky sweet.

Its like a Dairy Queen Treat. sorry shouldn't have said DQ> DOH!
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been making a smoothie each morning for breakfast, I bought a small single serve blender with a lid that you drink from. I love it. I don't have a lot of time in the morning and I have an hour commute so it's easy to make and drink on the way to work. I also try to work out in the mornings (I never have the motivation to do it after work). This is usually what I have:

1 c milk (or oj depending)
    1/2 c plain greek yogurt
    scoop of whey protein powder (or, a little less)
    1/2 tsp ground flax seed
    1 c frozen fruit
    1/2 banana (I just love bananas)
    sometimes I'll add a Tbsp of sliced almonds, depending

My favorite is cherry with the banana and almonds. I've been using strawberries and blueberries (I love raspberries and blackberries but I hate the seeds). I really like using oj with some pineapple and mango but I was thinking of adding some coconut to that. Otherwise, I just see what they have in the store and go from there.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    yogurt, frozen banana, chocolate soy milk it is like eating a milk shake i add some protein powder to it too if i have it after a workout.

Frozen strawberries, milk, protein powder and half a frozen banana, and some ice cubes. I like them to be like milk shakes so i freeze all my fruit.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    what is coconut oil for aray379 ?

Coconut oil is just unrefined oil from coconuts, You can find it in most health food sections of stores. It has good fats in it that help with disgestion and theres rumors that it helps with weight loss. I just love the taste of coconut so I add it sometimes to sweeten it up and for the benefit of the good fats. It can also replace other oils in cooking. There's a few discussions on here about it.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I actually heard of an awesome smoothie recipe that is very popular in Asian countries. I tried it, and not only is it healthy, but it's soooo good!

Mix 1/4 of an avocado with nonfat milk, ice and add a little honey. That's it!
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have such a hard time with these. I don't like most fruit and I can't stand the seeds.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    bump