Wow!!!!

Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
I went to a movie tonight and thought getting a pickle would be the better option but when I put it into mfp it has over 1100 mg of sodium which put me over for today!!!! Guess I can expect a weight change tomorrow

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself tomorrow. Or better yet, weigh yourself tomorrow and have a giggle. It's just water retention, not actual fat.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    And the good thing is..... you won't panic about your weight gain in the morning and quit MFP.

Cheers, h.
  • david_1988
    david_1988 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The 2300mg default MFP uses is needlessly low for the vast majority of people. Going over it isn't going to cause any problems.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Drink an extra glass of water. You'll be fine.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    The more you know...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    david_1988 wrote: »
    The 2300mg default MFP uses is needlessly low for the vast majority of people. Going over it isn't going to cause any problems.

That is the US recommended daily allowance. It's not something MFP made up. Just sayin.

But yeah, lots of sodium in pickles. Always. Salt is a key ingredient in pickling spice.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

If i go too far over 2000mg i get crazy water weight gains the next morning, guaranteed! My body must must be overly sensitive to sodium.

• david_1988
    david_1988 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

That is the US recommended daily allowance. It's not something MFP made up. Just sayin.

But yeah, lots of sodium in pickles. Always. Salt is a key ingredient in pickling spice.

That's true, they are getting the number from somewhere. There's just not much of a reason for that number to be applied to everyone. If you weigh yourself every day then you might worry about water retention affecting the readings, but that's not really a health issue.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    I went to a movie tonight and thought getting a pickle would be the better option but when I put it into mfp it has over 1100 mg of sodium which put me over for today!!!! Guess I can expect a weight change tomorrow

yes you can, but its not fat, so it doesn't really matter.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I was wayyyyy over my sodium yesterday, like wayyyy over. lol I spent the day on a boat and we had lunch out, and then pizza for dinner, I still weighed myself this morning and was only up around 1.2 lbs, its just water weight, I should drop it in a few days.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    There's low sodium, there's reasonable sodium, then there's crazy sodium. Many processed and restaurant foods fall into the "crazy" category, meaning, if you were cooking it yourself you would never add that much salt.

I'm going to say that the smoked turkey on my sandwich today falls into that category. Urg.