What odd quirk do you have?

Options

Replies

• crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I like to make animal noises during foreplay?? :P Anyone else?!

Yay or neighhhhhhhhh? lol
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    When I'm relaxing... like watching tv or laying down to sleep, I have to have my hands tucked in somewhere. Under the pillow or between my thigh and the arm of chair. I'll even roll them In the blankets. When there is no other option I'll just sit on them.

Thank you! Someone else does this! My dad thought it was a "problem" when I was younger, lol. It's just a comfort thing. Mostly, I prefer to nestle mine between my thighs (looks like I'm sitting on them). Nowadays, I usually knit or crochet to avoid it looking odd to others. My husband is used to it, now thankfully. :P
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    When I'm relaxing... like watching tv or laying down to sleep, I have to have my hands tucked in somewhere. Under the pillow or between my thigh and the arm of chair. I'll even roll them In the blankets. When there is no other option I'll just sit on them.

Thank you! Someone else does this! My dad thought it was a "problem" when I was younger, lol. It's just a comfort thing. Mostly, I prefer to nestle mine between my thighs (looks like I'm sitting on them). Nowadays, I usually knit or crochet to avoid it looking odd to others. My husband is used to it, now thankfully. :P
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

I do this too. I put my hand between my thighs more than sit on them though. We mostly use the mouse vs typing at work, and since my shoulder injury I use my left hand for it. My right hand will be in my lap half the time. lol

I used to put my hands between my thighs, too, but it got drilled out of me as a teenager. "It looks like you're playing with yourself... stop that!" So outside of the thigh it is.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I do this too. I put my hand between my thighs more than sit on them though. We mostly use the mouse vs typing at work, and since my shoulder injury I use my left hand for it. My right hand will be in my lap half the time. lol

I can only get that to look "passing" in the winter when it's cold and I can tell people I'm just warming my hands, lol. Pretty sure no one buys it, but I can't explain why it's comforting to me; it just is!

I used to put my hands between my thighs, too, but it got drilled out of me as a teenager. "It looks like you're playing with yourself... stop that!" So outside of the thigh it is.

They tried.. but I kept doing it at some point out of spite. Dad will still catch me doing it when I'm visiting from time to time if I'm not paying attention.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I can only get that to look "passing" in the winter when it's cold and I can tell people I'm just warming my hands, lol. Pretty sure no one buys it, but I can't explain why it's comforting to me; it just is!

They tried.. but I kept doing it at some point out of spite. Dad will still catch me doing it when I'm visiting from time to time if I'm not paying attention.

Great, now this is all I'm gonna think about when I find I've put my hand between my thighs. lol

tumblr_inline_nrppzmiRQP1t09k6m_500.gif
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I have RBF. I have to consciously make myself smile most the time.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

That's the most normal thing I've read on this thread. I think not having RBF is more unusual... :/;)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

That's the most normal thing I've read on this thread. I think not having RBF is more unusual... :/;)

I have a habit of over-smiling, and laughing inappropriately.

I have a BF but it's not Resting, it's "Reserved". I like to call it my "blank stare that looks right through you". Its funny how much it bothers people to get no reaction or emotion from a person.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I have a BF but it's not Resting, it's "Reserved". I like to call it my "blank stare that looks right through you". Its funny how much it bothers people to get no reaction or emotion from a person.

oversmiling is a cool concept. I would very much talk to you in a crowded room
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Why a crowded room?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Why a crowded room?

He's overwhelmed by the massive horde of RBF's, and he's homing in on the one friendly face in the room... o:)
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Why a crowded room?

Safety in numbers. Stranger danger. Kinda like herd mentality.

also what @jenilla1 said
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

Haha I can do that to with both my index fingers and the middle fingers. Didn't know it was weird or quirky lol
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

I can do that with all my fingers except my pinky. I didn't know it was weird...

@Girl_With_Muscles_ @FeraFilia

Oh cool! I've just not seen anyone else do it. Show me! Always nice to know I'm not weird
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I walk/run on my tiptoes, I never even noticed until someone asked about my "pixie walk". I'm also very flexible and can spider walk down stairs and it freaks people out.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of "quirks" are also OCD related. My quirk, or OCD habit, is I count my steps when I walk. My left foot has to be the odd number. I sometimes don't realize I'm doing it.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.

I can't sleep with socks on either. Drives me nuts!!
  • MrStabbems
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ya'll creepy finger bending folk are weird as feck

One if my genuine quirks is the way I visualise the way my mind works and how I retrieve information and memories.

This will sound odd but I picture my brain as huge old library, very dark and echoey but oddly cozy, its lit by loads of small candles with large oddly shaped oak bookshelves full of books and oddities that represent my memories and bits and pieces. These shelves tower over you as you walk past them down the hundreds of small aisles. It's always warm in the main areas but can get cold and dark the further out you go.

anyway there are a bunch of people that live in the library. The old wizard/librarian walks around retrieving memories and information for me. He looks like a discworld wizard. Then there are a few others that do various jobs. One is like gollum that I don't see very much but he deals with the lower levels of the library. No one else wants to go there.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    I might actually draw a scene with my main man doing his Wizardly stuff!