What odd quirk do you have?

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I have RBF. I have to consciously make myself smile most the time.
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I have RBF. I have to consciously make myself smile most the time.

That's the most normal thing I've read on this thread. I think not having RBF is more unusual... :/;)

I have a habit of over-smiling, and laughing inappropriately.

I have a BF but it's not Resting, it's "Reserved". I like to call it my "blank stare that looks right through you". Its funny how much it bothers people to get no reaction or emotion from a person.

oversmiling is a cool concept. I would very much talk to you in a crowded room

Why a crowded room?

Safety in numbers. Stranger danger. Kinda like herd mentality.

also what @jenilla1 said
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

Haha I can do that to with both my index fingers and the middle fingers. Didn't know it was weird or quirky lol
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

I can do that with all my fingers except my pinky. I didn't know it was weird...

@Girl_With_Muscles_ @FeraFilia

Oh cool! I've just not seen anyone else do it. Show me! Always nice to know I'm not weird
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    I walk/run on my tiptoes, I never even noticed until someone asked about my "pixie walk". I'm also very flexible and can spider walk down stairs and it freaks people out.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Seems like a lot of "quirks" are also OCD related. My quirk, or OCD habit, is I count my steps when I walk. My left foot has to be the odd number. I sometimes don't realize I'm doing it.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.
  • browneyedgirl749
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.

I can't sleep with socks on either. Drives me nuts!!
  • MrStabbems
    edited May 2017
    ya'll creepy finger bending folk are weird as feck

One if my genuine quirks is the way I visualise the way my mind works and how I retrieve information and memories.

This will sound odd but I picture my brain as huge old library, very dark and echoey but oddly cozy, its lit by loads of small candles with large oddly shaped oak bookshelves full of books and oddities that represent my memories and bits and pieces. These shelves tower over you as you walk past them down the hundreds of small aisles. It's always warm in the main areas but can get cold and dark the further out you go.

anyway there are a bunch of people that live in the library. The old wizard/librarian walks around retrieving memories and information for me. He looks like a discworld wizard. Then there are a few others that do various jobs. One is like gollum that I don't see very much but he deals with the lower levels of the library. No one else wants to go there.
  • MrStabbems
    I might actually draw a scene with my main man doing his Wizardly stuff!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

Haha I can do that to with both my index fingers and the middle fingers. Didn't know it was weird or quirky lol
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

I can do that with all my fingers except my pinky. I didn't know it was weird...

Oh cool! I've just not seen anyone else do it. Show me! Always nice to know I'm not weird

@SEAHORSES4EVER here you go. More pronounced with my left hand.

i354ydnyulfu.jpg
  • browneyedgirl749
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

@SEAHORSES4EVER here you go. More pronounced with my left hand.

i354ydnyulfu.jpg

I can do that too. It's always been a problem for me when I try to play the piano. It's like my fingers just won't relax, they always like to lock up like that.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I have sixth sense !

I knew you were going to say that.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    I have to sleep on the the side of the bed that is closest to the door.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    I'm very jumpy
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    I can flip my tongue. And fit into small boxes.

you win.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Born and raised in the southwest and have a voice fromJersey/Boston/NY......oh so freaking blessed!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

What does flip you tongue mean?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

What does flip you tongue mean?

I was wondering if it's that genetic trait where some people can roll their tongue from the sides and some can't
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member

Same here, I simply cannot stand having my feet under the covers.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    It's simple, just post about a quirk that you think is unique to you :) I'll start.

I sleep with a blanket covering my mouth every night.

I sleep with a blanket (fine, it's a blankie) wrapped around my head.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    My quirk is that I have to have my side of the bed covers tucked in. No exceptions. I've threatened physical harm to my OH once or twice over it >:) His side is free to be un-tucked but don't touch my side!