Sandwich for lunch?

Options
tdmarion40
tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
On most days i have a turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat or double fiber bread with fruit and a side of carrots/celery sticks with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. However i am bored with the sides...i am happy with the sandwich but what other sides could i do? Please dont say a salad i am about to turn into a rabbit lol

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    A bit of hummus and falafel chips, homemade mango salsa and some chips of some kind (some nice recipes around to make your own salsa), peanut butter to dip apple and celery into, a little twice-backed potato or a baked potato with something like chili on it, chili with a little cheese on it, roasted chickpeas, grape and strawberries with a little ricotta cheese, or a little sweetened cream cheese, roasted nuts, or honey and cocoa powder over roasted nuts

Oh, and I just found this recipe and while it is CALLED a salad, it really doesn't seem like one - and it's freaking awesome. Everything is chunky bits with broccoli and apple and nuts and this creamy lemony sauce and it's kind of amazing. And also keeps well for a few days, because no lettuce, so you can make one batch and have it multiple times (I can make 5-7 servings out of one batch. (I leave out the sugar in the dressing, as well as the dried cranberries, and just double the apple and it works quite well). http://natashaskitchen.com/2010/04/12/broccoli-salad-with-apple-and-walnuts/
  • tdmarion40
    tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks....the brocolli salad sounds amazing! Cant wait to try it
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt
    Nuts
    A more substantial sandwich
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Chips

I've never had them but I hear they're alright. Half a bag is only 65 cals (Sea Salt flavor).

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    A bigger sandwich
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein Chips

I've never had them but I hear they're alright. Half a bag is only 65 cals (Sea Salt flavor).

I had the cheddar ones the other day and they were completely disgusting. But chips or popcorn is a good idea. I second the yogurt suggestion.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    tdmarion40 wrote: »
    On most days i have a turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat or double fiber bread with fruit and a side of carrots/celery sticks with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. However i am bored with the sides...i am happy with the sandwich but what other sides could i do? Please dont say a salad i am about to turn into a rabbit lol

Cottage cheese
    Bean or lentil salad
    Baked potato
    Hard boiled egg, deviled egg
    Yogurt
    Soup
    Pretzels
    Applesauce
    Olives
    Pickle
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pickles, pork rinds, dried edamame, string cheese...
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    shaumom wrote: »
    homemade mango salsa

Sounds yummy, do you have a recipe, please?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tdmarion40 wrote: »

popcorn, crisps (chips), boiled egg, other veg, other fruit, yoghurt, nuts, dried fruit, jerky, seafood, cheese sticks...

pretty much anything you fancy eating that fits you calories and macros....
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Cooked vegetables with sauces you enjoy.