Halo Top

Options
sarahcohee
sarahcohee Posts: 36 Member
I recently tried two flavors of Halo Top and they both made my tongue feel very strange, almost numb like Novocaine! Has anyone experienced anything similar? Strange!

Replies

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sarahcohee wrote: »
    I recently tried two flavors of Halo Top and they both made my tongue feel very strange, almost numb like Novocaine! Has anyone experienced anything similar? Strange!

I'm sure there is something on this in the 192,488,378,922.756 other Halo Top posts :)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Some people have that reaction to sugar alcohols. Halo Top is sweetened with erythritol. Of all sugar alcohols, it's my favourite and I buy it in bags to bake with. It's just an unfortunate side effect that some experience!
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nope never had this experience before (Thank God, since i love Halo Top), but defiantly sounds like a allergic reaction to one of the ingredients.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I get that feeling if I eat half a pint or more, but I think it is because it is cold... happens with regular frozen foods too.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »
    nope never had this experience before (Thank God, since i love Halo Top), but definately sounds like a allergic reaction to one of the ingredients.

Not necessarily.

I get that feeling when I drink peppermint tea but I'm not allergic to peppermint.

odd... idk then, some strange side affect huh, really unfortunate to have to go thru that.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I get a weird numb feeling sometimes when I eat celery...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Soooo did we rule out it going numb due to the fact you're eating ice cream?

I understand you may be having a reaction but let's rule out the obvious "it's ice cream" answer first shall we?

THEN what I would do is find out what ingredients are in Halo Top that are in OTHER ice cream brands and eat them (for science) and eliminate what is SPECIFIC ingredient is causing a reaction.

Science man. science.
  • toxikon
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I understand you may be having a reaction but let's rule out the obvious "it's ice cream" answer first shall we?

THEN what I would do is find out what ingredients are in Halo Top that are in OTHER ice cream brands and eat them (for science) and eliminate what is SPECIFIC ingredient is causing a reaction.

Science man. science.

It's the erythritol. Some people just have a sensitivity to it that causes tongue numbness/tingling.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Science man. science.

It's the erythritol. Some people just have a sensitivity to it that causes tongue numbness/tingling.

Agree.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I get that too. It's not an odd or inappropriate question.
  • sarahcohee
    sarahcohee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great answers! I did rule out the fact that it was ice cream :) This doesn't happen with any other cold/iced foods and happened with only the smallest bite on my tongue and only where it touched my tongue, not my whole mouth. Thanks for the insight, I'll probably pass on it from now on to be safe!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Science man. science.

I'm glad I don't have that problem with it. I may have...uh...other problems with it tho. :)
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I personally think this "ice cream" is disgusting. Im even more disgusted that i have hundreds of dollars of it stashed in my freezer because i fell victim to fomo mentality.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I personally think this "ice cream" is disgusting. Im even more disgusted that i have hundreds of dollars of it stashed in my freezer because i fell victim to fomo mentality.

You can send them to me.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options

You can send them to me.

Giiirrrrllll!
    I CERTAINLY wish I could!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

You can send them to me.

Giiirrrrllll!
    I CERTAINLY wish I could!

I feel this way about the 4 huge boxes of Quest bars in my closet. :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys! I love Halotop AND Quest bars :lol:
  • toxikon
    Options
    OMG you guys! I love Halotop AND Quest bars :lol:

Samesies! More for us. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,590 Member
    Options
    Hey, you two! Don't bogart all the halo top and quest bars!