Need a side dish...

Options
I'm making a salad with grilled chicken for dinner tonight but I don't know what to eat with it. I would/could normally just have the salad but I basically missed breakfast this morning because I was running late, I just grabbed a granola bar and some unsalted pretzels and now I logged my food for the day and it only puts me at about 900 calories and after logging my exercise that I'll be doing after dinner I only end up netting about 200 for the day so I need something to go with my salad and grilled chicken that is healthy and will get and keep me full.:smile:

Replies

• ChocoMary
    ChocoMary Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some croutons and cheese !
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should make the salad your side dish and add in a whole meal in order to meet your daily calorie goal. Try and NET 1200 minimum.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    a baked potato
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    add avocado to your salad. have brown rice as a side dish?
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some nuts (almonds? cashews?) or cheese to your salad, and/or have an apple with peanut butter for dessert?
  • kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lol, I should make the salad my side dish but I have a busy night and don't have time to cook a whole meal. Also, I'm short so my minimum calorie intake only has to be set between 1000-1100, I don't need 1200 calories.
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How about a veggie omelet - might go good with the salad and chicken.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    add sunflower seeds or walnuts to your salad and add brown rice as a side with some steamed or grilled veggies
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Brown rice stir fried with a little onion and curry spices...
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well what do you have in the house that you could make? Ingredients? We can build from there :-)
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Lots of options on this site...just click on recipes and then make your selection:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You could put hard boiled egg on your salad... That will boost the protein too
  • bbwceo1019
    bbwceo1019 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I really like roasted cauliflower or broccolli. Just nuke them first then broil until brown & enjoy. Keeps me full!
  • kylies1219
    Options
    Well what do you have in the house that you could make? Ingredients? We can build from there :-)

Nothing lmao! There in lies the problem. I have macaroni and cheese (which I'm not eating) lol other than that I just need to get off my butt and go to the grocery store :)
  • Lisahandy
    Lisahandy Posts: 12
    Options
    add sunflower seeds or walnuts to your salad and add brown rice as a side with some steamed or grilled veggies

^ Like.
    you could also cook up some carrots with the rice to make it all the sweeter.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    baked or roasted sweet potato - very nutritious and tasty. :smile:
  • kylies1219
    Options
    You could put hard boiled egg on your salad... That will boost the protein too

Had that for lunch :)... everyday... for about the last 2 weeks (including today)
  • kylies1219
    Options
    I really like roasted cauliflower or broccolli. Just nuke them first then broil until brown & enjoy. Keeps me full!

^ Like.
    you could also cook up some carrots with the rice to make it all the sweeter.

good ideas, I might try these. Thanks!