Thank goodness...

Options
I have my food scale!!

Honestly, I have no idea what I'd do without that thing. My first success on MFP was definitely a fluke since I went by the items already listed in the database - I'm not sure if I chalk this up to being a newbie or just LAZY. 1 "medium" apple. What in heavens name is medium?!

Anyways, now that I am in full control of grams and ounces I am much happier and confident in my diary =)

What is your saving grace in your health regime??

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be wiggle room. Even though i have a high calorie goal (1900), sometimes i have days that i go over. But usually on those days the "if every day was like today" still shows a downward trend which gives me confidence that even on bad days i can continue to work toward my goal.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    demorelli wrote: »
    Mine has to be wiggle room. Even though i have a high calorie goal (1900), sometimes i have days that i go over. But usually on those days the "if every day was like today" still shows a downward trend which gives me confidence that even on bad days i can continue to work toward my goal.

Love it! Thank goodness for wiggle room =)
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    food scale is essential, and even have a backup ready to go just in case.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I lost a hundred pounds without it....
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I lost a hundred pounds without it....

Yes, so did I the first time 'round .. but I really enjoy knowing my macros better. Especially since I want to tone one day instead of being fat, haha!
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »
    food scale is essential, and even have a backup ready to go just in case.

No backup =( But I do see myself running to Wal-mart for another $20 scale, haha!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Food scale is bae.

I use it for calorie counting and soapmaking. That little guy is my workhorse.
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Food scale is bae.

I use it for calorie counting and soapmaking. That little guy is my workhorse.

Double feature!! Bonus =)
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I panicked when the batteries went flat the other day on my digital scales. I'm so used to weighing everything now it's not so much of a chore and its now second nature to whip it out when I make all my meals.
    Second would be my spiralizer and thridly my Kenwood prospero kitchen machine as I make everything from scratch.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I only use my food scale when it's necessary for amounts to be exact, which means only when I'm canning.

I guess essential for me is my garden, since it's the source of most of my exercise and a good deal of my food.
  • sharker100
    sharker100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kudos to those who measure their food well. I don't. I've been on a solid diet for 2 weeks now. Veggie burgers, fresh veggies and pink grapefruit juice. My days ended with under 1000 calories and I get a warning. This is for me. I've been a vegetarian for 40 years. With miserable depression and a weight-gaining medicine, I gained 40 pounds last winter. I like this site. Thanks.
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do love my food scale too, though I don't use it for every little thing. I use it mostly for calorie dense things and to get a handle on serving sizes. I leave a few calories as a buffer for sloppy logging and that's working for me. If I weren't losing, I'd definitely make sure to tighten up on the weighing, and I may need to be more accurate once I'm back at maintenance. However, I also like my scale for baking/cooking and recipe calculations. More accurate measurements, less things to clean up because I don't need to use as many measuring cups etc.. and more accurate serving size information when adding my own recipes in MFP. I will weigh my ingredients and also weigh my finished product to get the correct serving sizes in grams. Thank goodness for My Fitness Pal!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Since the food scale is getting enough love, I guess my fitbit and the fact I didn't give up chocolate or cookies.

(Yeah. Ok. The food scale. I love my food scale. I even have one at work to weigh my lunch or any food clients bring in. I WOULD FREAKIN' MARRY MY FOOD SCALE IF I COULD!!!! :))