Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not losing weight but losing inches?

13»

Replies

• crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    losing inches is MUCH better and also by the way you feel in your jeans,,, do the fit looser? are they baggier in the butt? etc

i have been on this lifestyle change since April of this year and I have lost only 20lbs but I have lost close to 50 inches with in that time frame!! .... Ive learned that the scale doesnt always mean the most important the weight will eventually come off... the slower the better in my opinion cause I know that if it comes off slow It WILL STAY OFF :)
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    I lost 60lbs but barely any inches. I was also super flabby and just not happy.

Got into strength training and began to focus on it more and more. From Sept to Feb, I stayed around 180-178lbs but went from a size 18 to 14 and I really love how my body is starting to shape up. I've lost a few more lbs and am almost a size 12..woot!

So from experience, I would take the inches over the fluctuating/unreliable scale # any day!!!!

Me too! I've lost 42lbs but the tape measure has't shifted that much. What I don't get is why my clothes are looser and I'm rattling around in size 18 jeans (rather that overstuffing size 22) yet the tape isn't reflecting that?
    Any clues?

Back to the OP Have you tried a different set of scales? It's got to be going from somewhere kid! :laugh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Inches are much better than pounds!
  • MaryinOhio
    MaryinOhio Posts: 5 Member
    AmyRhubarb said
    This is what I dislike about WW and other programs (Biggest Loser!!) that focus on the scale number rather than inches and clothing sizes lost, and overall body recomposition. :huh:

Who cares what the scale says? No one sees that number but you. And I've seen plenty of posts from people complaining that they've lost x number of pounds, but their clothes still fit the same.

Much better to lose inches, which is visible to others and a sure sign of progress, while the scale messes with your head with monthly hormone fluctuations, water weight, etc.

Take measurements and photos, and weigh yourself if you must, but remember that the scale is a dirty little liar and will mess with your head. :bigsmile:

edited to add: I went six months without losing a single pound, but during that time I dropped a full size. I laughed at my scale and went out and bought new jeans. :drinker:

Who cares what the scale says? I do. My doctor does.

If I figure my BMI and that's based off weight and height (I am not growing anymore at over 40.) then, if I am not losing weight my doctor isn't going to give a hoot. Although I have dropped 12 pounds since I last saw her and have till September to lose more.) Never mind I want my BMI to be normal and not obese.

Yes, I have dropped a size and a half already, and my hubby says he can see how the inches have come off, but I don't know what those measurements were before today, but the weight isn't budging. I started walking at the end of March and started working out at my local Y three weeks ago. I have 11 group exercise class a week of varying types. (Cardio, yoga/Pilates, Zumba, Cycling, free weights, walking) and still no budge on the weight.

It is just annoying as all anything!

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    I dont care what the scale says as much as how my pants fit.
    Im not a fan of either right now.
    To each their own I suppose.
    PS. you replied to 2014.