What odd quirk do you have?

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

Haha I can do that to with both my index fingers and the middle fingers. Didn't know it was weird or quirky lol
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I can do this weirdo thing with my index fingers that I call PlayStation finger.
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

I can do that with all my fingers except my pinky. I didn't know it was weird...

@Girl_With_Muscles_ @FeraFilia

Oh cool! I've just not seen anyone else do it. Show me! Always nice to know I'm not weird

@SEAHORSES4EVER here you go. More pronounced with my left hand.

i354ydnyulfu.jpg
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

Haha I can do that to with both my index fingers and the middle fingers. Didn't know it was weird or quirky lol
    puyiwkjhd9pd.gif

I can do that with all my fingers except my pinky. I didn't know it was weird...

@Girl_With_Muscles_ @FeraFilia

Oh cool! I've just not seen anyone else do it. Show me! Always nice to know I'm not weird

@SEAHORSES4EVER here you go. More pronounced with my left hand.

i354ydnyulfu.jpg

I can do that too. It's always been a problem for me when I try to play the piano. It's like my fingers just won't relax, they always like to lock up like that.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have sixth sense !

I knew you were going to say that.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep on the the side of the bed that is closest to the door.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    I'm very jumpy
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I can flip my tongue. And fit into small boxes.

you win.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in the southwest and have a voice fromJersey/Boston/NY......oh so freaking blessed!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

What does flip you tongue mean?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

What does flip you tongue mean?

I was wondering if it's that genetic trait where some people can roll their tongue from the sides and some can't
  • moonstroller
    moonstroller Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.

Same here, I simply cannot stand having my feet under the covers.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It's simple, just post about a quirk that you think is unique to you :) I'll start.

I sleep with a blanket covering my mouth every night.

I sleep with a blanket (fine, it's a blankie) wrapped around my head.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My quirk is that I have to have my side of the bed covers tucked in. No exceptions. I've threatened physical harm to my OH once or twice over it >:) His side is free to be un-tucked but don't touch my side!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep on the the side of the bed that is closest to the door.

And I have to sleep on the side that is furthest from the door and preferably up against a wall. :D
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Are you by chance a cat??
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket no matter how cold it is and cant sleep with socks on.

Me too. I need to have one bare foot hanging off the bed as well.

If I am walking and accidentally scuff one foot on the floor or pavement, I have to scuff the other.

I cannot leave one of anything in the package. If there are two cookies left and I am only hungry enough for one, I won't have any. If there are two Tic Tacs left in the package, I will eat both together.

If I grab a handful of Cheerios, or nuts, or any small snack, and I drop one on the floor, I have to throw another one away with it...to keep it company in the trash.

The thermostat must be set at either 72 degrees or 74 degrees...never 73. It's not just odd...it's a prime number. Best thing about my car is that the temperature settings are only even numbers. (The person who sets their alarm for random times...not on the 5 or 10...would drive me crazy.)

I am sure if I thought about it, I could come up with lots more.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When I'm relaxing... like watching tv or laying down to sleep, I have to have my hands tucked in somewhere. Under the pillow or between my thigh and the arm of chair. I'll even roll them In the blankets. When there is no other option I'll just sit on them.
    Growing up, I always stuck one leg between the wall & the bed if I had trouble sleeping or if I was hot. The wall was always cool. Not sure why it helped, but it did. I still will sleep with my feet sticking out from under the blankets sometimes if I'm hot.
    Ditto, I have no idea how my wife sleeps with socks on. It wouldn't matter if it was 30 degrees in the room, I couldn't fall asleep wearing anything on my feet.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I sleep with pillow over my face...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    This is in part because of my anxiety, but no matter what, even though I purchased a hair straightener specifically for the reason that it turns off after 60 minutes of use, I never believe that I've turned off and unplugged either my straightener or my curling iron before leaving the house (even when I take photos of the unplugged appliances).

I prefer it when my husband leaves after me or if we're leaving together, because then there's someone else in the house who can say to me, "yes, it's off and unplugged," but if I'm the last one to leave the house I have to fight myself in order for me not to just bring it to work so that I can be 100% sure that it's not plugged in.

I do bring it to work sometimes. If I use a hair dryer or straightener and have leave a short while later I bring it with me to work because I have anxiety thinking about it being hot still or that I forgot to unplug it.
    I also check appliances, even if I haven't used them, to make sure they are off before leaving home.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I have a nervous habit of rubbing fabric between my thumb and pointer fingers to the point I have calluses on the creases where my pointers bend at the first knuckle.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »

Me too. I need to have one bare foot hanging off the bed as well.

If I am walking and accidentally scuff one foot on the floor or pavement, I have to scuff the other.

I cannot leave one of anything in the package. If there are two cookies left and I am only hungry enough for one, I won't have any. If there are two Tic Tacs left in the package, I will eat both together.

If I grab a handful of Cheerios, or nuts, or any small snack, and I drop one on the floor, I have to throw another one away with it...to keep it company in the trash.

The thermostat must be set at either 72 degrees or 74 degrees...never 73. It's not just odd...it's a prime number. Best thing about my car is that the temperature settings are only even numbers. (The person who sets their alarm for random times...not on the 5 or 10...would drive me crazy.)

I am sure if I thought about it, I could come up with lots more.

I like the notion that you throw things away in twos to give them trash buddies, lol.