One year of using MyFitnessPal as of today (Trigger warning, flexing chubby guy in underwear)

Options

Replies

• JustinRa
    JustinRa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great work! Question though, do you use the exercise calorie compensation calculation or do you disable that feature? I'm sorta on the fence because I'm skeptical that the app can approximately estimate how many calories I burn for a given type of activity.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat back most of my exercise calories, but I manually adjust them. The default values in the database are ridiculously high. I estimate approximately 100 calorie burn per 30 min of exercise depending on type and intensity.
  • cassandramidnight
    cassandramidnight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome job!! You look amazing. 130 pounds, in a year, is fantastic! As far as you hoping to have lost more.... remember, you're working out, so replacing some of that fat with muscle, which weighs more, but is more compact... the first 110 pounds I lost, took me almost 10 years! But, that was before I found this site... I can't afford WW either, I'm on a roll now, and I'm hoping, a year from now, I'll be able to report the last 75 pounds I want to lose, is gone.... keep on, keeping on!
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Like a BOSS!
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have those slippers
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    Give them back!

j/k, isotoners are great. I have 3 pairs. I keep old pairs around so I can go outside in them for a quick run down the driveway or the store. I keep one pair nice for indoor use. So warm. So comfy.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    WOW!! Awesome job!! You look amazing. 130 pounds, in a year, is fantastic! As far as you hoping to have lost more.... remember, you're working out, so replacing some of that fat with muscle, which weighs more, but is more compact... the first 110 pounds I lost, took me almost 10 years! But, that was before I found this site... I can't afford WW either, I'm on a roll now, and I'm hoping, a year from now, I'll be able to report the last 75 pounds I want to lose, is gone.... keep on, keeping on!

I'm actually not obsessed with a raw number unless it's bodyfat %. I'm estimating I have another 15-20lbs to lose to get to where I want to be aesthetically, but I'm not sure and won't know until I get there. Losing more pounds at this size is definitely a lot harder though. I'm guestimating my bodyfat% to be somewhere around 20% right now, but I'd really like to get down to 12% or lower, maintain it for a little while, then start a very slow bulk of 1/2 lb per week.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look great! I want legs like those someday. Thanks for the inspiration today! :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! It's tough to see the forest through the trees, but I'm definitely happy with the progress I've made so far! Just can't pre celebrate. I thought one year was worth posting about though. Big changes in just 12 months.

Celebrate every pound! Don't wait until you reach "the end" to congratulate yourself, every step along the way is amazing. :)

Very well done!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!!! You should be ECSTATIC!!!! WTG!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    The guy who's flexing in those photos is NOT chubby. Congratulations!

You look like you've been lifting with a good amount of success, so you should probably pay less attention to BMI than if you were scrawny like me. That much muscle will put your BMI into the overweight range even if your body fat % is fairly low.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    All of your nice comments really mean a lot, thank you!
  • Geona2011
    Geona2011 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are inspiring to me! Thanks for sharing your journey. I can do this!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Be right back, I have to contact the Advertising Standards Agency for duplicitous misrepresentation. We were promised a chubby flexing guy.

Flexing? Check
    Guy? Check

But chubby did we have? No!
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You have done an awesome job this past year! Wtg! You look amazing!!!!! My one year is approaching too on 6/2/17. It was a long journey but I'm sure glad I started it one year ago. Keep it up!!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    As a married woman just I gotta say, wowza.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have been here one month and your success is inspiring me to stick with my goal of one year, 100% commitment to tracking cals and macros. You accomplished so much in one year!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • txjude34
    txjude34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Talk about a transformation! Thank you for sharing
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ok so you most definitely didn't skip leg day...not once....ever! :open_mouth:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!