Help!! I'm sinking!

Options
Been working out 5x a week, watching and recording what I eat, but not loosing the weight I should. It's been 6 months and 5lbs lost. Very frustrated and discouraged! Help! Been told I need to eat more even if I'm not hungry ???

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Can you give us more information? What is your TDEE, what is your wait loss goal per week, what are your average calories per day?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Height, weight now, goal weight, age and gender.
  • Francis3211
    Francis3211 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    And sorry, I need to ask this. Are you drinking alcohol because that slows it down completely. Thats unfortunately my problem :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Height, weight now, goal weight, age and gender.

This would be a great start. You haven't given us enough information to really help. How many calories are you eating each day, and how are you measuring those calories (packages, cups, food scale, eyeball)?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    you mention nothing about eating at a calorie deficit - the one thing required for weight loss.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    How much are you working out in comparison to eating, etc?

I worked out with someone yesterday who works out "hard everyday" according to her and in the time we worked out on the same machine I burned 720 calories according to machine and she did 214. Obviously, different levels but she didn't understand why I was losing and she wasn't.

I am by no means digging on her efforts just simply stating in her mind she's creating a huge deficit. From what I understand Weight loss comes down CICO.

Just something to think about...I'm no professional.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    platch2015 wrote: »
    Been working out 5x a week, watching and recording what I eat, but not loosing the weight I should. It's been 6 months and 5lbs lost. Very frustrated and discouraged! Help! Been told I need to eat more even if I'm not hungry ???

How would eating more cause you to lose weight? Are you eating at such a large deficit and then undoing all your progress because you get too hungry and overeat?
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't "watch" what you eat..."weigh" what you eat with a food scale.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Op. Are you still sinking?
  • veganj1
    veganj1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you mention nothing about eating at a calorie deficit - the one thing required for weight loss.

You would think the "recording what I eat" implies that. At least most would assume.
  • veganj1
    Options
    YOLO145 wrote: »

That becomes so tedious. I can't go longer than a few months tracking every little thing and using measuring cups for everything...yuck.

I'm doing much better right now just cutting back on a little bit of meal sizes, cutting out most sugary snacks (and most snacks in general)...burnout is a thing a lot of people face when given such a daunting task.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    veganj1 wrote: »

You would think the "recording what I eat" implies that. At least most would assume.

nope, lots of people "watch what they eat" or "eat well" or "clean" and not at a deficit - not an obvious at all.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @veganj1 agreed it is tedious but overall it gets easier. For example, because I am *finally using a food scale I realized how easy it is to underestimate a serving of good-for-high calorie high fat mixed nuts. I'm not as meticulous about it now, but once I get closer to my goal weight I know I'll hVe to be. Just sayin'
  • veganj1
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    veganj1 wrote: »

That becomes so tedious. I can't go longer than a few months tracking every little thing and using measuring cups for everything...yuck.

I'm doing much better right now just cutting back on a little bit of meal sizes, cutting out most sugary snacks (and most snacks in general)...burnout is a thing a lot of people face when given such a daunting task.

So what is your helpful advice to the OP?

My helpful advise is don't get too caught up in things that you'll quit in a few months. So something sustainable. What's your helpful advise?
  • veganj1
    Options
    @veganj1 agreed it is tedious but overall it gets easier. For example, because I am *finally using a food scale I realized how easy it is to underestimate a serving of good-for-high calorie high fat mixed nuts. I'm not as meticulous about it now, but once I get closer to my goal weight I know I'll hVe to be. Just sayin'

If you can do it that's great, I couldn't. I just guesstimate and it's working great for me.