Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Here ya go!

Steak Fajita Sandwiches
    Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 pita pocket with 1/4 meat filling | Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 235mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 2g | Protein: 29g | SmartPoints: 6 |

Ingredients

4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium red onion, sliced into strips
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1 pound beef sirloin tip steak, cut into thin strips (grass-fed beef recommended)
    Salt to taste
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    2 gluten free or whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
    4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
    Directions

In a large skillet, on medium-low heat, sauté mushrooms in olive oil about 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and continue sautéing until onion and pepper are tender, about 4 minutes. Add in sirloin strips, and cook on medium heat for 5–10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir well, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes. Drain mixture.

Stuff pita halves with meat mixture and romaine lettuce, and top with a dollop of yogurt.

I tweaked it a bit and used whole wheat wraps instead of pita's, a 1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese instead of the yogurt and a handful of raw spinach leaves instead of the romaine lettuce. Didnt bring the calories up too much! With my changes the calories only went up to about 330 calories! I had two of them for dinner and they were only about 660 calories! And not only were they tasty, but they were filling too!

And the DH really enjoyed them too!

Hope you enjoy!

Mmmm sounds yummy!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 @Bex953172
    you're welcome! It's from the website, skinnyms.com. I absolutely love this website! It's a billion recipes, but also articles about healthy living and work routines and all sorts of things! Pretty much every dinner I make I've found on this website. Give it a look see and enjoy!
  • Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 That sounds FABULOUS. Thank you for sharing! I'll have to check out the site sometime.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went fairly well! Work was less stressful than anticipated so didn't need to use my coping mechanisms. But good that I planned them!

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except one ryvita if hungry :) Didn't have anything
    - Choose something healthy at lunch :)
    - Exercise class after work :)
    - Be in the green with at least 100 deficit :| 67 deficit. I had a ready meal for dinner for time reasons, and it was a fraction more calorific than I thought. Need to stock up on healthy versions for the freezer
    - No alcohol :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break :)
    - Get outside at lunch and walk :)
    - Listen to happy music! :| Forgot to do this but worked out ok
    - If getting stressed, make a cup of tea or meditate rather than eating :| Didn't feel the need
    - Don't procrastinate - get something done! (Either one big thing or several small things) :|
    - Focus on key priorities rather than getting distracted by non-urgent emails or other issues :|

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - Choose something healthy at lunch/dinner
    - Be in the green!
    - No alcohol

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Listen to happy music!
    - If getting stressed, make a cup of tea or meditate rather than eating
    - Focus on key priorities rather than getting distracted by non-urgent emails or other issues
  • vishalb08
    vishalb08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @vishalb08 Your advice about who motivates you really struck home for me! My DH motivates me. He works so hard and it takes a toll on his body. So he cant really work out like I can, and he suffers from low blood sugar so he has to be careful what he eats(even though he still eats like rubbish Lol). But one of my reasons for losing weight, that I wrote on my card, is that I want to be as beautiful as he deserves. I know he thinks I'm beautiful the way I am. But I want him to take pride in me when we go places. I dont know, maybe that seems self-centered, but it is a completely genuine feeling that I have. He's such a great man and an excellent provider that this is something I want to do as a blessing to him. Lol

Thank you for sharing you thoughts.
    I just wanted to say that its not self-centered if you wanna get fit so that someone else feels proud, rather it is selfless.
    So you should take pride in that fact.
    My best wishes to you and a salute to your DH.
    Have a great day.
  • vishalb08
    vishalb08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    I managed to get out of bed thanks to my mother. Dragged myself to the bathroom, freshened & got dressed.
    Cycled for 30 min, burned 450+ cal.
    ("Burned" calories : Burned is such a savage term. Makes me feel like I defeated evil)

Just For Today (31/05/17)
    1. Drink 3 liters of water.
    2. Stay in the green.
    3. Walk for 15 min after dinner.
    4. Get my obese yet amazingly handsome body (read as sarcasm) into bed by 11:00 PM.

Need an advice:
    I have a huge question in my mind.
    SHOULD I WEIGH MYSELF EVERYDAY OR SHALL I WEIGH MYSELF IN REGULAR INTERVALS ??

Thank you.
    Have a great & productive day.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    1. Get up when my alarm goes off, don't hit the snooze button :DWoke up several hours before the alarm!
    2. Log all food and stay in the green :)The only thing I was over on was the protein. Lol
    4. Finish food shopping :)Spent a little more than I wanted but at least the house has a lot of healthy foods!
    5. Gym in the AM before work :)
    6. Keep my drawer balanced :/I did this, but I ended up taking in a check that was posted dated, so that sucked!
    7. Make a yummy dinner :)Steak fajitas!
    8. Lights out and tablet down by 10 pm :)Roughly 10 pm I think. I didn't really do much on the tablet before bed because I was so tired. Just put on my book and conked out!

With the exception of that last half an hour of work, yesterday was great! Got up SUPER early and got a lot done! Have work against this morning and it's an hour earlier than yesterday and an 1 1/2 longer shift. Plus, I only woke up at 7:30(which I had planned) and didn't give myself enough time to go to the gym because I have to leave for work in an hour and a half. Lol. I think I might do a workout at home since I have some time and then walk on the treadmill after work since the DH work last tonight. I just have to remember to bring my gym clothes with me! I always forget them! It's 8 am now, and I'm really having to convince myself not to go back to sleep for a little while!
    I know that if I do I will be a terror to wake up when the second alarm goes off!

So here are my goals for today!

1. Dont go back to sleep
    2. Log all food and stay in the green!
    3. Go to the gym after work
    4. Make something healthy for dinner
    5. Do some reading
    6. Go to bed after DH gets home

I think I can do those for today! They seem pretty attainable!

Hope you all have a great day! I'm sure I'll be back on sporadically.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So much to go back through and read --- love it!
    I did Terrible over the weekend. Even reading my advantage response cards did not help.Dairy queen both days, potato chips, fruit trail mix that I bought at Sams (and yes, I believe I ate the entire bag over the weekend!). I am so disgusted with myself --- and then I got on here, and read all the motivating posts from you guys. All the ideas. So thank you. Today is a new day .... and I'm going to forget about the past 2 days of eating .....

so JFT,
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on more protein!!
    3. read Half Size Me podcasts
    4. read my advantage response cards
    5. remind myself that this is not easy. The weight came on slow, it will go off slow. Key is to change lifestyle habits
    6. drink water
    7. when wanting to eat, think if it is hunger, desire, or craving
    8. eat only when sitting down -- even a snack. Put it on a plate first.
    9. eat slowly

Will go back later and read all the posts

Joan,
    We all have those days-you're not alone. Small steps added up will get us to our goals. Find your "why" and look for inspiration.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Good Morning All!!

Aiming for 150g of protein. This is still difficult, I will try to set up my meals with protein in mind.

You'll never know what you're capable of until you challenge yourself.

How do you get that much protein in a day? Can you share some ideas for protein? I am also going to try this - thank you for this suggestion

Sorry Joan, I should've checked this earlier. I'm trying to have protein at every meal/snack. Found these awesome bars (Pure Protein) at many stores, they have 20g of protein & around 200 calories. The flavors suit me and it's my treat after lifting. Ive read you should have protein after lifting to repair muscle & help with soreness. Some other brand bars are over 350 cals! I have gradually increased egg white to 1/2 cup in breakfast oatmeal. Boil chicken breasts & make chicken salad w/low fat mayo, protein smoothie mix in afternoon as needed, cottage cheese w/fruit & Stevia. I can't seem to get to 150g but I was over 100 yesterday. I recommend doing it for 3-4 days and seeing how you feel with cravings etc. My stomach was a little off for a few days but all OK now. Peanut butter used to be my protein of choice but I couldn't control how much I ate. I haven't had it in about a month and I have to keep myself in check when making my daughters pb & honey sandwich every day...sorry to ramble.
  • Saragirl2
    Options

Pretracked most meals/snacks.
    Heading to gym to do weights & floor exercises.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar. Yesterday's podcast was terrific, great interview.
    Will walk dog for 30 mins at a hilly park.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. This is still difficult but worth it, helping to keep my bingeing in check.
    20-30 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep. Haven't been doing this, time to start again.
    Drink 8 cups of water. Challenge!
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks. Eat protein bar in car, but not while driving so I will savor it and be aware that I actually ate it.
    Weighed myself-I need to keep up my motivation by setting small goals. Focus on the next 5 lbs, not 60lbs!

We teach people how to treat us.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Recap T 5/30 - have one last personal day at home
    1) Back to eating "normal", keep net calories w/i 100 of green = not great but an improvement over the prior two days, -97 net calories :)
    2) Walk dog long route = not quite the longest route since clouds were threatening...3.43 miles and dog very happy after missing two days :smiley:
    3) Must dig up tea roses for co-workers = finally done, brought plants to work W a.m.! :smiley:
    4) Floss = Day 8 must be some kind of record for me :smiley:
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off, plan to walk dog W a.m. before returning to work = almost made it...10:17 but no dog walk W a.m....that's what happens to my mornings when I've been off work for five days. :neutral:

I'll have to catch up on everyone's comments later, but for now - JFT W 5/31
    1) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    2) Walk dog after work
    3) Monthly goals - update May results and write June goals
    4) Floss
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...trying to get back on track with dog walks in a.m. before work
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    1. log all food :) And did great -- less than 1300 cal
    2. concentrate on more protein!! :) Still only got in 50 gms of protein
    3. read Half Size Me podcasts :/
    4. read my advantage response cards :)
    5. remind myself that this is not easy. The weight came on slow, it will go off slow. Key is to change lifestyle habits :)
    6. drink water :)
    7. when wanting to eat, think if it is hunger, desire, or craving :)
    8. eat only when sitting down -- even a snack. Put it on a plate first. :)
    9. eat slowly :)

Had a much better day yesterday, and really was more aware of hunger vs desire and craving. The zumba class was great, and kept me from snacking in the evening.

SO JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. read the advantage response cards
    3. eat slowly, sitting down
    4. go for a walk tonite. Already did 60 minutes on the treadmill and weights this morning, but a small walk will help me from snacking in the evening - and keep me focused
    5. read success stories

I will go back and read through all the responses later today. We have been so busy work-wise, and I feel just exhausted. But ... I got myself up anyhow, and went to the gym. Not the best workout, but, I got in 60 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of weights. So, even though I still tired, at least I am starting my day out right.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    vishalb08 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    I managed to get out of bed thanks to my mother. Dragged myself to the bathroom, freshened & got dressed.
    Cycled for 30 min, burned 450+ cal.
    ("Burned" calories : Burned is such a savage term. Makes me feel like I defeated evil)

Just For Today (31/05/17)
    1. Drink 3 liters of water.
    2. Stay in the green.
    3. Walk for 15 min after dinner.
    4. Get my obese yet amazingly handsome body (read as sarcasm) into bed by 11:00 PM.

Need an advice:
    I have a huge question in my mind.
    SHOULD I WEIGH MYSELF EVERYDAY OR SHALL I WEIGH MYSELF IN REGULAR INTERVALS ??

Thank you.
    Have a great & productive day.

I weigh weekly or fortnightly
    Your weight will fluctuate every day
    Also go at the same time
    So I go on the scale in the morning after the loo lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    . Not the best workout, but, I got in 60 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of weights.

BDS Day 4. Give yourself credit!

Its awesome you got to the gym and you did a lot!!
    Keep your focus and your day will be great even if your shattered!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Recap Goals for May:
    •Lose 4 lbs...when I do this and maintain, I will be below 180# for the first time in more than 4 years = well, I went below 180 several times (so great to see that number on the scale!), but with celebrations at month end, ended up at the exact same weight as April 29. At least it wasn't a gain for the month. :/
    •Take measurements and log on 5/28...it's not all about the scale, but turning fat to muscle = measured on 5/31....stayed the same :/
    •Walk dog (or on treadmill) 4X per week...I am registered to walk in Bellin 10K on June 10 = yes, did great with walking dog :sunglasses:
    •Incorporate strength training 1 or 2X per week = not at all, and probably won't now until fall when weather turns, or a rainy stretch this summer :/
    •Log food on weekends for self-control = surprisingly did better at this than I expected, even if sometimes after the fact...I have logged for 94 days! :smile:

Goals for June:
    • Lose those pesky 4# and stay below 180...I'm so close!
    • Take measurements and log on July 1
    • Walk dog 4x or more per week...add distance when I have the time
    • Walk Bellin 10K in less than 1:35 (my April 1st 10K chip time)
    • Keep logging on weekends, and pre-log food / snacks whenever possible...it keeps me on track

Quote from Edward Everett Hale:
    Because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
  • Bex953172
    edited May 2017
    Options
    O.
    M.
    G.

I did a new workout today! 40 mins YouTube vid with Simone De La Rue for sweatybetty
    I've never sweat so much in my life, I was literally pouring and my glasses kept falling off.

Please someone try it lol
    All you need YouTube on the tv, a little bit of space to work out (although it's mostly on the spot) 2x 1.5kg weights or 2x tins of baked beans and a yoga mat/rug/just use carpet
    I had no equipment and used baked beans and a towel and it was still as effective so no excuses!

I actually hope one of you does try, don't watch it first, just stick it on and go with it!
    I had to rest a lot and couldn't do the last bit cause of my foot but from what I did do I feel properly worked out!

https://youtu.be/ijNdZZ4hgw4
  • Bex953172
    Options
    P.s. Make sure your husbands are out the room!!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    P.s. Make sure your husbands are out the room!!

OMG!!! I <3 you! That made me laugh out loud! The DH works tonight so I might just have to try it. Lol! I'll need a towel though because our living room is hardwood...well kind of...long story. LOL!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So work is a tad but frustrating now...there seems to be a rather large(more like total schism) between what the training department showed us during my 10 day training sessions and what the branches expect us to do in every day life...so I've been there for a month and a half now, and my supervisor spent all day leaning over my shoulder completely retraining me. Makes me feel like a total idiot because I'm not doing things the way my branch manager wants because I didnt know I was supposed to do it that way. It's just been really annoying!

But in other news!!!

Went to the gym on the way home from work since the DH is working until close tonight. But only was there for about 20min because I decided to just do weights because it was absolutely beautiful out so I did my normal 4 mile hike. It was nice. I listened to a message on YouTube by one of my favorite speakers so that was nice too. I find that I tend to focus more on what I'm listening to when I am walking because it's just me and the message.

Made a healthy asian inspired dinner with leftovers for the DH when he gets home. Had 2 servings because it was so yummy and I still had plenty of room in my green goals even with my snacks pre-logged because I worked out so hard today! It was nice.

Now I get to be bored without the DH, but at least the Stanley Cup Final Game 2 is on and I have all of you!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you for sharing!! It reminds me so much of my zumba classes - lots of movement. I am going to try it, but not sure if I'll do it tonite or not (already did treadmill and 30 min walking). But ... I did watch part of it (does that count :) ).