Coffee creamer recipe

Options
Steve904
Steve904 Posts: 2 Member
Need a path off of the Coffee Mate Sugar Free Vanilla creamer.
Anyone got an equivalent?

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What is your reason for wanting to switch? I got rid of my sugar in the coffee, but I keep my creamer! I drink my coffee kind of dark, so it's not that many calories and I only have a large cup in the morning. Just make room for it in your calorie goals, if its something you enjoy!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I just use milk. If anything, I'd get some sugar-free vanilla syrup, or try a vanilla flavoured plant milk (almond or coconut or whatever), assuming the vanilla flavour is important to you.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    assuming the vanilla flavour is important to you.

I didn't think of that - if its the vanilla flavor, you could just use pure vanilla extract. That's natural and made with alcohol and vanilla beans. I used to drink my coffee black, it took a few weeks of weaning everything out of it, but it was doable and I eventually enjoyed it.

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I just use the Natural Bliss, I think it's called. It has natural ingredients which is better than the others with hydrogenated crap in it or corn syrup solids. UGH.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Creamers aren't particularly healthy, so if you feel like you want to give it up, I'd say go for it. :)

Basically, you can replace it with any combination of milk, sweetener, and vanilla flavoring. You didn't mention whether you wanted a powdered/dry creamer or a liquid one.

If you want a liquid, you could use regular milk. But if you want something that won't dilute the coffee, nonfat evaporated milk (the unsweetened kind in a can) is good. Mix in your favorite sweetener plus a little vanilla extract to taste, and keep it in the refrigerator.

If you want a dry combination that doesn't need refrigeration, nonfat dry/powdered milk works well. For the sweetener/flavoring, you could also use a sugar-free vanilla syrup, the kind that are sold to add to coffee. Or you could use a vanilla flavored sweetener - they're available in both powdered and liquid forms although they might be hard to find.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use either cashew milk, or have bought almond milk creamer before. I've also tried it with protein powder. You just have to be careful with protein powder because it can clump up. For me the protein powder alone is sweet enough to where i don't have to add sugar.