Non-pureed carrot ginger soup

Options
carrieoffen
carrieoffen Posts: 46 Member
The facility i worked at last night had some amazing soup. I tried looking up reciped but all i can find is pureed versions.

Anything have a good recipe? or you think i can just skip the pureeing process at the end?

Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Most carrot soup is pureed...do you want chunks? If so, leave the chunks, but it will kind of separate. You can buy an immersion blender and blend it right in the pot while cooking.
  • carrieoffen
    Options
    i wish i could have taken a picture but we're not allowed to at work. but it was almost a broth-based soup with chunks of carrot
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you put everything in a slow cooker and cook for 8 hours, you can use a potato masher and get a smoother soup. The only way to get a SMOOTH soup is to blend it. I have made it both ways.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Why don't you ask for the recipe from work?

It sounds like they either chopped or mashed the carrots. Try it! It will be delicious. :)
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The facility i worked at last night had some amazing soup. I tried looking up reciped but all i can find is pureed versions.

Anything have a good recipe? or you think i can just skip the pureeing process at the end?

Thanks
    Yes, start with the puree'd version and just don't puree it and see how it tastes. Carrots and ginger are both pretty cheap and easy to get so you can make small batches and experiment easily until you get it right.
  • carrieoffen
    Options
    ironically enough my mom over bought some fresh ginger and gave it to me so i guess its a sign!

Now to pick a recipe...
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Excellent. What time is dinner?