Any hikers out there?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Here's a picture my friend shot of me on the Lookout Mountain / Hidden Lake trail.

34515920492_5525761512_o_d.jpg
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

20130521_103352_zps9d228af0.jpg
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    20130521_093413_zpsea629b6d.jpg
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    sawyeram wrote: »
    Last fall my husband and I took our kids (15 yr old boy and 12 yr old girl at the time) on a wilderness hike to the Irish Wilderness, part of the Mark Twain National Forest. It was a 19 mike hike from beginning to end over some very rough terrain. It took us 3 days. The kids talked about the accomplishment for weeks and brag about how they did it and that they don't think their friends could have.

20160903_160307_zpsoil5dpjq.jpg

20160904_103842_zps0ovecrdi.jpg

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do hikes like that.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @kamamakai what a beautiful hometown!! I would constantly be taking pictures. Thanks for all the photos everyone! They are so inspiring to get out there and see it for myself. My husband and I are going to do a long weekend of primitive camping in a couple weeks. My mother-in-law is also section-hiking the Appalachian Trail so I've agreed to join her for at least 2 sections. Hoping to do the first section sometime next year. In the meantime I'll be trying more camping and local hiking to build my stamina.
  • inesnsr479
    inesnsr479 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love hiking as well, and I am lucky to be in Quebec with access to several mountains.
    I do also participate in a hiking group where we drive 3+ hours to the Adirondacks and hike 8-10 hour trails
    Check meetup.com, you can find a local hiking group you can join :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I hike. I wish I could get out more. My scenery doesn't look like the above pictures as I am in Las Vegas. I live right by Red Rock and there are some great short hikes there for all levels. For more greenery if I drive an hour outside of town there is Mt. Charleston. I'm actually going to California this weekend and will get some hiking in. I agree that Meetup.com is great for finding hikes and in my experience the groups are very friendly.
  • onanci
    onanci Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is Timberline Lake on the trail up the backside of Mt. Whitney. Excuse the quality, the pictures are 12 years old.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I hike. I wish I could get out more. My scenery doesn't look like the above pictures as I am in Las Vegas. I live right by Red Rock and there are some great short hikes there for all levels. For more greenery if I drive an hour outside of town there is Mt. Charleston. I'm actually going to California this weekend and will get some hiking in. I agree that Meetup.com is great for finding hikes and in my experience the groups are very friendly.

Red Rock area is beautiful!
  • VegasFit
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    VegasFit wrote: »

Red Rock area is beautiful!

It is and it's practically my backyard. I feel like I am in pretty good shape until I go hiking!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I live just outside Yosemite National Park in California. We have great hiking both inside and outside the park. My favorite is hiking among the Giant Sequoia trees.
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I live just outside Yosemite National Park in California. We have great hiking both inside and outside the park. My favorite is hiking among the Giant Sequoia trees.

So beautiful too!
  • Artemis_diana
    Artemis_diana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!! Hiking is my passion!! I am going to Estonia in two weeks to hike!! I totally encourage you to pursue this passion, it is lifechanging!!
  • hjg0989
    hjg0989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, I live a 1/2 hour drive to the Columbia River Gorge. Since it is a gorge, most of the hikes are hard and it makes for great conditioning hikes - plus there are a lot of waterfalls. In the Summer and Fall I do a lot of backpacking in Oregon and Washington. When it gets too rainy and cold for backpacking I mushroom hunt.

This is from my hike two days ago (according to my heart rate monitor I burned about 2,450 calories)

okkj61jctl6c.jpg

ocnzd7tf2rni.jpg