Decent quality fitness gear at a reasonable price? (UK)

Options
Looking at the Under Armour website and curious about whether I can get decent quality fitness gear for a lower price? £40/50 per leggings and top seems pretty steep.

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I roam around TKMaxx for cheap leggings/tops. Can usually get pretty good deals. Sports bras I tend to pay full price for ShockAbsorber in Debenhams, becase fit is so important there.

• mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sportsdirect.com have great offers on most of the time. I get loads of stuff off there, leggings can be as low as €6/£4.50 depending on the sales!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've had good luck with Amazon for some stuff.. although any time you buy online, sizing can be an issue.
  • metalbish
    metalbish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Amazon for some stuff.. although any time you buy online, sizing can be an issue.

Amazon is normally my go-to, but the quality can be pretty bad in terms of the material being very thin.. If you have any specific outlets, please link me to them? :)
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    sports direct for me too.
    It lasts long enough and is cheap enough to replace when needed. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Most of my running gear is Karrimor from sports direct. 2 pairs of cropped leggings for £18
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    metalbish wrote: »

Amazon is normally my go-to, but the quality can be pretty bad in terms of the material being very thin.. If you have any specific outlets, please link me to them? :)

I have found that the hanes and Russell brands tend to be better quality than the off brand Chinese produced fitness gear.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I agree with sports direct. I find its actually ok quality but cheap enough to replace as and when needed as well. I have also got some really nice running leggings from amazon but its so hit and miss so only tend to buy if very cheap
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Also Aldi and Lidl have some good stuff at very reasonable prices - just not the trainers for me as I need more control than they have for running - other than that another vote for sports direct x
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Another Karrimor fan.

I used to spend a small fortune on running shoes until I tried their Tempo (Both the trail and running as I need both). £30ish and I get the 500 miles from them before they become dog walking or driving trainers.
    I was spending over £100.

Not as fussed with their running bras the stitching seems to come away at times. Leggings and running shorts have always been fine.
    The running socks are the best I've ever bought at any price.
    The running laces have been really good as well.
    Running pockets are rubbish the velcro goes too quick. I prefer Mountain warehouse for that and running belts/camels.

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I don't do Sports Direct, but the kit is reasonable.

Most of my gear is Inov-8 from Wiggle.com, or their own brand dhb range.
  • Stella014
    Stella014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    TK maxx - all the nice brands for 30-50% off. Or Decathlon, they have nice things too for not much. Definitely not Sports Direct just hate the shop.
  • Fazeballs
    Fazeballs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey..... I am a major Under Armour Fan.... Big time I have been told. I take trips down to Portsmouth south east coast to gunwharf quays to the UA shop. Its last years kit, but at amazing prices. :)
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My protein

They have a large selection and
    There's usually an off on.
    Good quality as well

• Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wear the Karrimor stuff from Sports Direct as it's cheap but the USA Pro stuff is gorgeous if you want to shell out a bit more.
  • ashleighchislett
    ashleighchislett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gymshark leggings are just under £40 but the quality is amazing! They are also squat proof which is a bonus!
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    They often have under armour flash sales at Sportspursuit I have brought a few things from the site

https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/RDL81
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tesco, H&M and Sports direct for me.

A treat for myself was new gym leggings and shorts!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    goldenday wrote: »
    Tesco, H&M and Sports direct for me.

A treat for myself was new gym leggings and shorts!

Never thought to look at Tesco before.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I go to TKMaxx and Cotswold. I refuse to shop at SportsDirect because of their Victorian/abusive employment practices.