Weight maintenance when lost the weight unhealthily.

Options
madison151992
madison151992 Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I lost weight eating maybe 700-900 calories a day, I wasn't intentionally eating that much, I was just depressed and eating very little. I don't want to lose anymore weight though and am wondering the best way to increase to maintenance calories without just gaining a lot of weight.

I am female, 60kg and 160cm (5'3)

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what is your current weight?

your probably going to want to slowly increase calories until you figure out your maintenance - I'd start at 1200 a day (since that is the recommended minimum for women) - do that for a couple of weeks, log weight and then adjust
  • madison151992
    madison151992 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I did mention it, it's 60 kg, so nowhere near underweight or anything.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I agree 1200 calories could be a good place to start. I hope you are feeling much better in yourself already. I hope you will be able to work your way up to 1200 for the immediate term. If you can improve your nutritional balance with foods you really like, as you are working towards this target you should start to feel real benefits in your well being too. As this starts to happen you may well find yourself being able/wanting to do more and this extra activity will help you move your calorie goal upwards as you seek your natural maintenance. As your well being increases maybe you could try re-composition, to tone as you go. (I'm not the best person to consult on this)

Congratulations. All the very best.