What's Your Dream Job?

Options

Replies

• jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've got a satisfying career in higher education that fits my skill set. Lots of variety. But I'm looking ahead to retirement years and want to find something part-time and fabulous. Do you think it exists? I'm sure counting on it. Hang in there with your 'ho-hum' job. I've certainly been there and is isn't fun. Take care.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm already a screenwriter, but I'd like to have my scripts sell well enough to where I didn't have to work a day job as a video editor. I want to just write from home and travel at the drop of a hat with my wife. I'd like to make enough money from writing alone to support us both. Perhaps one day...
  • texasfrog1021
    Options
    I just want to be a mom. My payment would be seeing my children grown into wonderful adults. My dream job is to be called "Mommy."
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    stay at home millionaire donating money and time to invisable children, children hunger, building schools, etc.. yep.. I'd be a philanthropist

invisible children??
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    i'd love to be a travel journalist or a sports writer and get to travel the world and write. hopefully ill get to do this after i graduate, but its a hard field to break into!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My dream job has always been to own a big music venue.

Otherwise-Something in the music industry. I think marketing bands would be fun. A tour coordinator, band manager, tour manager, concert promoter would all work.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I already work for Pepsi/Dr Pepper but I would love to be at one of the corporate offices doing their marketing/advertising! I have a Bach degree in Journalism/Advertising/PR so that would be ideal! There is just no room for advancement at the office I'm at now and the closest corporate is 90 miles away.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Director or something related in movies and film.

otherwise, independently wealthy.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I already have a dream job working with children - I love it. However, I wouldn't say no to working with RPatz on the Twilight set !! :tongue:
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    stay at home millionaire donating money and time to invisable children, children hunger, building schools, etc.. yep.. I'd be a philanthropist

invisible children??

it's so sad

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I already have a dream job... I'm a middle school math teacher. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I love teaching math, and working with kids is SO MUCH FUN!!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like my current job (German tutor), but I wish my classes were more steady.

I'm starting to think about how I could teach healthier cooking classes, because I would love that.
  • allison_joan
    allison_joan Posts: 115
    Options
    I want to be an event planner! I want to plan parties and weddings :)
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher and love it! Sometimes I wonder about working in the medical field in testing somewhere down the road. Other times of being a traveling nature photographer (I do photography in the summers)
  • rhea5
    rhea5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to farm, to have cattle and donkeys (I know donkeys is strange but I have always been around them and love working with them!!)
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well I am currently working towards grad school to do be Psych Nurse Practitioner.

DREAM to go to Law school some day to do social justice advocacy work for women and children
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, I do love my job, as a Teen Services Coordinator! Just wish it paid more. However, my dream is to own my own bookstore/baked goods & coffee shop. Kind of like in the movie "You've Got Mail", only with the added pastry shop. It would be a shop where people would come from everywhere to eat one of my special homemade goodies, sit and read and soak up the cozy, warm atmosphere.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I have two of these

#1 on my list would be Early Education
    #2 on my list would be Forensics (in the lab)

I am currently going to school for Criminal Justice. The only reason I am not pursuing the teaching degree is class times don't allow me to go because I work full-time (Mon-Fri) and all the classes are ONLY offered during my work schedule (boo :frown: )

But from what i've been told and what i've read you can teach with any Bachelor degree as long as you pass the teacher certification...so who knows :happy:

Not that I intend on quitting my current job once I graduate - I've been with this company for 12 years and if I go for my Bachelors that is another 4 years so it will be 16 years with this company by then and I can retire from here at age 52 which would only be 10 or so more years after graduation.

The plus to the CJ degree is there is a department in my current company that I am interested in and they require a CJ degree :bigsmile:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I gotta say, I pretty much have my dream job! The only thing is, I don't get "paid" for it in the usual sense. I am a SAHM, and I homeschool my kids. Growing up I wanted to be so many things- a hair stylist, an artist, a writer, a singer, and a teacher. And guess what- I do ALL of those things! My daughter and I have tons of fun doing our hair, I love trying cool new styles on her. I paint and draw in my free time and I also use those talents to make fun activities and crafts. I write a blog about my our life as a homeschooling family and I also help my daughter write little mini books. I play guitar and sing along with my kids, teaching them fun songs that help them learn math, reading rules, etc. And obviously, being a homeschooling Mom puts me in the teacher category. And while it would be kinda fabulous to make a little cash doing all that, my reward is much more precious. I get the satisfaction of knowing that I am doing my very best to raise my children, spending as much time as I can with them, and helping to mold them into the wonderful people they are growing up to be :)
  • NinasMum
    NinasMum Posts: 6
    Options
    Food critic! :)