Anchovies on celery
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    pickles
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pickles! Saurkraut, salted edamame, popcorn...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If I just need salt, I just eat salt. I need more water and more salt when the weather is hot.

Oh, and I don't snack. I think snacking is a terrible habit and contributing factor to the obesity "epidemic" and why people "struggle" with losing weight. Snacking can work for some regardless of that, though. And my opinion counts only for me.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I love the 100 calorie individual bags of microwave popcorn. I don't really crave salt. I actually try to keep my sodium lower because that's just a need for me. But if I'm craving something not sweet or fatty or whatever then yeah, popcorn.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Salt is always what I want when I want a snack. My go to snacks are Mediterranean flavoured terra chips, white cheddar popcorn, sour cream and onion Pringles chips, or beef jerky.

An appropriate number of servings of one of the above is my snack on on Thursday night during a show I watch. I have no guilt, it is included in my log for the day and I carry on. Depending on how much exercise I did on Thursday, I may even be able to manage a whole bag or can of my snack that night. Or I might have zero interest in snacks that day and happily wait until next week. I enjoy my Thursdays.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I like popcorn, but my current favorite are roasted seaweed packets (I get mine from Trader Joe's but I have seen them at Kroger too). Salty and savory- I really like them. I eat them while watching TV when I want a salty snack and something that is kind of "chip" like. One package is 60 calories. Yum!
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Stock cube in hot water
    A lick of salt (seriously, a few crystals & it takes the craving away).
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pickles, popcorn, salted nuts, beef jerky
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If I feel my body needs salt because I'm feeling faint or shaky, I just eat a bit of salt or have some salt water.

If I want a low calorie munchie, capers or pickles. Capers always satisfy a potato chip craving for me.

If I don't care about calories, potato chips or buttered and salted popcorn.